Bwired Googlemaps upload data webservice

Forum about Questions, discussions and announcements regarding the Bwired website owned by Pieter Knuvers
Sooty

Post by Sooty »

I have left out the special character removal for now.

I have made a few changes today including:
Prevent upload if no devices are configured
Test live upload with embedded viewer.

To do:
Support for specifying device values and associated text for non-RFXCOM or ON/OFF/DIM devices.

I thought I would add automatic generation of the Homeseer recurring event, but that's more work and I think even the novice Homeseer users can create a recurring event to run a script.

I will send an update to Enver and Bastiaan later tonight for testing and then that should be it, I hope...

Paul..

Sooty

Post by Sooty »

Something I just noticed whilst testing, is that if I upload from my Homeseer configuration tool, then my data is shown with Dutch local time, however if I upload with my original script, then it is shown with UK time.

It is basically the same script in relation to the date & time value, so that is strange.

Any ideas Pieter?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

You are right about the XML layout. But you can use this as a beginning "standard" and the receiver has to comply to those rules.
It's easy to send status about devices to another service/computer etc.
Thanks for the tip, will check it.
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Alexander »

Paul&Pieter, am i going to far to ask a script/plugin that checks the information from other users to act on that within Homeseer. Like alerting me by voice if pieter is home ;-)

Ofcourse a better reason: If a fellow HA user does provide climate information (like rain) near to me, my HA could act on this like telling my screens to go up. Or informing me to get my laundry inside or stop any water sprinkler systems.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sooty</i>
<br />Something I just noticed whilst testing, is that if I upload from my Homeseer configuration tool, then my data is shown with Dutch local time, however if I upload with my original script, then it is shown with UK time.

It is basically the same script in relation to the date & time value, so that is strange.

Any ideas Pieter?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Strange, then the username is different? I now made a function that checks on username and if sooty is uploading I subtract 1 hour [}:)] I'm busy with adding a GMT timezone field, but need to this in a way the old scripts are working as well. Otherwise we all need to change.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mgizmo</i>
<br />Paul&Pieter, am i going to far to ask a script/plugin that checks the information from other users to act on that within Homeseer. Like alerting me by voice if pieter is home ;-)

Of course a better reason: If a fellow HA user does provide climate information (like rain) near to me, my HA could act on this like telling my screens to go up. Or informing me to get my laundry inside or stop any water sprinkler systems.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">haha, that could be possible, next step is get some ideas what can do with this data. We can make a showcase like we do now, but as you are telling we can provide this data to members who are contributing right now. Plot it on goolemaps on your own touchscreen or use it in events what ever. I have lots of ideas right now, lets first make this a stable thing and then move on.
Sooty

Post by Sooty »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bwired</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by sooty</i>
<br />Something I just noticed whilst testing, is that if I upload from my Homeseer configuration tool, then my data is shown with Dutch local time, however if I upload with my original script, then it is shown with UK time.

Any ideas Pieter?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Strange, then the username is different? I now made a function that checks on username and if sooty is uploading I subtract 1 hour [}:)] I'm busy with adding a GMT timezone field, but need to this in a way the old scripts are working as well. Otherwise we all need to change.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">I've spotted the problem Pieter.

With the Homeseer tool I started the user name with uppercase "S" and in script I started it with lower case "s".

I'm just finishing off the ability for a user to add 4 of their own value / status pairs for non-RFXCOM or non-ON/OFF/DIM devices.

At this stage I have not added support for non-RFXCOM numerical value devices like temp or humidity provided by another plug-in or device, but it is a start.

Paul..

[Edit:]
Actually that last statement is not quite true. Non-RFXCOM numerical value devices can be added if the device type is manually set to RFXCOM.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

special characters are in place now for <Units> and working on the service.
You can use all the characters in this table now
http://www.tony-franks.co.uk/UTF-8.htm

Example:
Degrees C = #186;
Copyright #169; (special for WiFi)

So use the code to ad this not the sign itself, so use #186; for the degrees Celsius sign etc.
Sooty

Post by Sooty »

<b><font size="3">The Xml2Bwired configuration tool for Homeseer is now available.</font id="size3"></b>

The manual is here
http://www.jphuddlestone.co.uk/xml2bwir ... Bwired.pdf

And the zip file is here
http://www.jphuddlestone.co.uk/xml2bwir ... Bwired.zip

If you have any problems or suggestions, then let me know.

Paul
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by drmacchi »

Sooty, GREAT JOB ! Lorenzo
RdP
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by RdP »

Hi Paul,

I use your tool and it works fine...

Thanks for making this available for me as a lazy person....
Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Esteban »

Great work, I was going to work on getting this up and running this weekend but i guess the saying 'Great things come to those who wait' is true [:D] With this tool it'll be a breeze. Thanks Paul!

Ciao,
Esteban
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Some updates on the service.
I have made a new query that will select the last entry's of every user.
So I solved the problem that Sooty and other who did not upload right after 00:00 disappear from the map.

I see that some of you are not using the SORTID the right way. SORTID needs to be a unique number and is also used for the way the
devices are presented on googlemaps.

Is it possible for DJ, Kroonen and Jan Frederik to adjust the sortid in unique order, otherwise some devices are now shown.
BTW: Pauls Homeseer Tool will handle this automatic.
Thanks all
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

So Pieter, does this mean you are ready to make this a global thing and not just European ?? [:D]
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Almost, still need to get the GMT timezone in there.

Return to “Bwired Forum”