Issues with new Stealths

Plugwise Forum about Plugwise devices and the Source software.
rovinge

Issues with new Stealths

Post by rovinge »

Anyone any ideas what I am doing wrong or what else I can try to make this work?

Just got four new Stealths delivered, but these seem not to be working correctly.

With three Stealths, if cannot switch on/off connected equipment. When I put power on the Stealth with a light bulb, the light comes on, but it stays on if I power off the Stealth through Source. Despite hearing the relais in the Stealth clicking. Measuring of power consumption does work, so they act more as a Stealth M. Also, I have checked the source settings per Stealth and they are allowed to switch on/off.

The fourth Stealth I cannot have that recognized to the Plugwise Network, no matter what I do. I've reset the Stealth multiple times (relais works), entered the normal given address (123456) in Source, the given address without the first number (23456) and even the whole address (000D6F.....123456). Of course I kept the stealth on for multiple hours and in different rooms
I have got the idea now that this one either has the wrong firmware or does not have the address that is shown on the label.

I already had 5 stealths and these are working without any problems. My current plugwise network comprises 60+ devices using circles, stealths, senses and switches. All working without any issues, with the latest firmware and properly recognized in Source.

Is there a way to read plugwise addresses of unconfigured plugs through the stick, to confirm or find the correct address?
Ideas are welcome.

I have raised a ticket with Plugwise and I am waiting for their response.

Roel
dorenberg
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Issues with new Stealths

Post by dorenberg »

I have heard from plugwise once that the plugwise system is capable of only 64 devices. If you include your USB stick with that only 63 devices can be added. (Maybe switches are counted as 2 devices).

Please verify this with plugwise. But this might be your problem.
rovinge

Re: Issues with new Stealths

Post by rovinge »

Update:
Plugwise has let me know they will now send the correct Steatlhs (they confirmed these were Stealth M units).
A pity as I had to troubleshoot and mess around for a week with these....

Good quality control may do Plugwise good.
Roel

Return to “Plugwise Forum”