My house is currently equiped with Z-Wave stuff, but since I like to build stuff myself I got interested in ZigBee.
On a developers blog I read that Trossen Robotics has a pretty awesome RFID Experimenters Kit
with a RedBee RFID reader by Robotic Connections.
A few specs from the reader:
* Supports all EM41xx family 125 kHz RFID tags
* USB, XBee, and TTL Serial communication
* Serial Communication Protocol and Shared Serial Devices Protocol (SSDP)
* .NET programming API
* Operates as a slave device to PC or microcontroller
* Onboard programmable microcontroller
* Xbee point to point
* Xbee Mesh networking
* 3 power input options (Barrel Connector, USB, or Vcc)
* 4 Configurable I/O pins
* Valid/Invalid Tag LED
* Xbee Comm LED
I'm a .NET developer, so this immediately caught my eye.
I'm planning on buying this RFID kit (already making plans for those rainy autumn days).
What do you experienced ZigBee guys think? Will it work, or can I expect a lot of connection problems?