Controling AXA remote 2.0 with KAKU remote

All about Arduino, Jeenode and other Clones (hardware & Software)

Moderator: Mdamen

amigob
Starting Member
Starting Member

Controling AXA remote 2.0 with KAKU remote

Post by amigob »

Hi all

As you can read here I was planning to make a KAKU RF remote receiver that controls my 2 AXE remote windows.
With the use of this document
http://files.domoticaforum.eu/Axa/AXA%2 ... nov_V2.pdf
that I found via this thread http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.p ... 6&start=30

I now have started development.
First picture
It is connected to the PC via an USB serial cable, To a max232 to convert the RS232 to TTL, and then a MCP2021.
This is almost the same as the MCP2003, except it as an voltage regulator of 5.0v internally that I can uses for the Arduino.
But it was a little bit strange, I couldn't get it to work. because I was sending "status:\r\n" at ones. But When I started typing and directly sending every character it started to work when I don't type to fast :-) ( And I am not that fast :-O.

Second version (first picture) I use a Arduino pro mini 3.3 volt and the same MCP2021. and have a transparent serial to software serial communication.
I used the FTDI with the hardware serial, and connect the MCP2021 to port 3 and 4 for the software serial ( bit banging ).

That one worked pretty quick :-)

Now make a the arduino to type the characters and make some recovery mechanism, because a number of times it didn't work that well.

Bart
Attachments
First Try
First Try
20131106_163146.jpg (71.54 KiB) Viewed 14180 times
Second try
Second try
20131106_192308.jpg (65.66 KiB) Viewed 14180 times
amigob
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Controling AXA remote 2.0 with KAKU remote

Post by amigob »

So after combining my Arduino KAKU receiver and the AXA control it didn't build any more.
Softwareserial is not compatible with pinChangeInt. Both use the same interrupt vectors. So I had to
give up my debugging serial port :-) and go to the hardware serial port for talking to the AXA remote 2.0.
Small problem with this is that I need to have a buffer in between the MCP2021 and the atmega328p.

But here a small movie of the progress, open en lose :-)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SA0mIqXV ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

If I get very close to the receiver it stops working, so you see already one time that it fails.

Bart
Attachments
next version
next version
nextversion.jpg (26.69 KiB) Viewed 14163 times
amigob
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by amigob »

Now the solution is already useful, I can stop the window form opening or closing at any time by pressing on or off again when it is moving.
So now I can control it with FHEM.
Had problems with the receiver, that I fixed no. The problem was that I removed the batteries, and on start of the moment the voltage dropped already 2 volts. The receiver was not liking that at all a lot of noise on the TTL signal. Putting back the batteries killed a lot of problems.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W06FLn8v ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

Next is using a light level control to open it to a specific position :-)

Bart,
amigob
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by amigob »

Needed to do some other things that is why it took a little bit longer than I wanted.

But I soldered a first prototype.
I use KAKU dimmer protocol, so 0% is closed, 100% and every thin in between ( off = closed, on = fully open )
AXAremoteRF.jpg
AXAremoteRF.jpg (96.19 KiB) Viewed 14026 times
Testing it now .

Bart,
driesk
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by driesk »

Good work Bart,

I would like to control the axa remote with a vera controller via an arduino. I have troubles to connect the axaremote to the mcp2021 and to the arduino. Could you please share the scemetic you use and sketch file you wrote?

Thank you in advance i will post my solution if i can get it working
Zoefnoef
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Zoefnoef »

Hi Driesk,

Did you see the Arduino Shield already for the Axa Remote 2.0 ?.
Attachments
HOME LINBUS Shield 5V Version lowres.jpg
HOME LINBUS Shield 5V Version lowres.jpg (125.34 KiB) Viewed 12075 times

Return to “Raspberry, Arduino, Cubietruck and other clones Forum”