This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

lemoi
Starting Member
Starting Member

ATtiny4313 gateway with Raspberry interface

Post by lemoi »

Hi list,

Using the otgw hardware as a starter, I developed a small board that can be plugged on a Raspberry Pi or can be operated from any other TTL serial port (Arduino). It does monitor the Opentherm chit chat or will intercept messages. An ATtiny4313 handles the low level protocol and passes the messages on to the Raspberry. The board is working fine with a Remeha boiler and Celcius 20.
This project is not intended to replicate the otgw project. Actually, it's sole purpose was to experiment with the Manchester coding stuff and see if it worked in an application. It does not support the otgw firmware and the manchster encoding and decoding is handled using a different approach. You will have to do your own programming to make use of the board. Also, you will have to add your own power 24V supply (I used a small solid state 5V to 24V DC-DC converter that costs about 5 to 6 euro)
Interface board on Raspberry
Interface board on Raspberry
DSC01907.jpg (70.2 KiB) Viewed 4440 times
Output.jpg
Output.jpg (46.87 KiB) Viewed 4440 times
Since I have 7 boards left that I have no use for, I will give them away for free (except postage) to anybody that is interested. The boards have a few small issues with two wires that need some attention and there is an error on the silk screen. If there is some interest, I will put an effort into publishing the details and distributing the code.

TIA,
Moi
ronaldkelleners
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: ATtiny4313 gateway with Raspberry interface

Post by ronaldkelleners »

Hello

I am interrested in 2 pcb's

Thanks Ronald
lemoi
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: ATtiny4313 gateway with Raspberry interface

Post by lemoi »

ronaldkelleners wrote:Hello

I am interrested in 2 pcb's

Thanks Ronald
Contact me at lemoi at de-bleek dot demon dot nl.

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”