OTG, Isense and Remeha Avanta 35c Combo.

This Forum is about the Opentherm gateway (OTGW) from Schelte

Moderator: hvxl

afeskens
Starting Member
Starting Member

OTG, Isense and Remeha Avanta 35c Combo.

Post by afeskens »

Hi all,

I have a vera lite in combination with a OTG Isense and Remeha Avanta 35c.
Everything works except that I cannot control the boiler from the vera interface or via the OTmonitor.
I tried to set it in gateway mode, tried several beta firmwares but nothing worked. I have no other thermostat to see If the Isense is the problem.

After reading allot of posts I am still a bit clueless on how to get it to work. Also I am learning the vera language (I am no programmer).

If any of you have some pointers on how to get it to work that would be very helpfull.
I do speak dutch, english and german.
nlrb

Re: OTG, Isense and Remeha Avanta 35c Combo.

Post by nlrb »

If you want to control the boiler, you indeed need to set the OTG in gateway mode. If the iSense is controlling your boiler correctly, then I don't see how the iSense can be the problem. But I would advise to capture a log using otmonitor such that we can see what is going on with the communication.
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

In what respect do you want to control the boiler? What did you try (let's leave vera out of the picture for the moment to not complicate things unnecessarily)? How did you reach the conclusion that it didn't work?

Normally it's easier to control the thermostat, and let it control the boiler.
Schelte
afeskens
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by afeskens »

Hi,

Sorry I reply so late but work has taken all of my free time.

I would like to be able to control the boiler remote, things like, set the temperature, enable / disable hot water.

I tried to control the boiler from the OTmonitor program to set the temperature higher en checked if the boiler started, it did not.
Also tried to block hot water but that failed also.

I will log some data and post it here so that you can have a look at it, perhaps I made a mistake.
Thanks,
andre_OT
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by andre_OT »

@afeskens,
I have a Isense working with the OTG perfect since a year.

To allow the OpenThermGateway to override the room temperature setpoint on an iSense you have to do the next thing:
On the iSense open the menu goto "instellingen" -> "installateur" -> "Externe toegang" set this to "Toestaan".

That did the trick for me.

André
tyfoon
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tyfoon »

I'm also hugely struggling with my Gateway, Calentha, Isensi (v19) combo.

When running OT monitor and connecting the the gateway (via IP:1001) I can run the Diagnostics from the menu; all run fine and show actual data from Boiler and Thermostaat (except 'led test'). This would impicate The gateway and the router is working fine. However as soon as I try to get data in OT monitor I get error like ' cannot find channel names sock 352' etc.

Also with Vera I can't get i to work

Suggestions?
andre_OT
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by andre_OT »

@tyfoon,

I assume you are using the TP-Link 703N to connect the OTG to the network?
This because you connect to IP & port 1001. (standard on startup script in the TP-Link703N Firmware that is delivered)

What if you connect the OTG on a laptop/PC trough USB?
tyfoon
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tyfoon »

I will try this (have to dust of an old windows laptop at OTmonitor does not work on mac); what setting should I use in Interface to connect via USB as it suggests it only supports COM ports (and IP seemingly..)?
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

You do understand that, after using the diagnostic firmware to verify that the hardware works, you have to load the standard firmware for regular use?

Also, when reporting errors please copy them verbatim. Don't paraphrase what you think they say.
Schelte
tyfoon
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tyfoon »

When mentioned 'like' I ment exact, but multiple variants (relating to "Sock"). Below is Sock 348 but I also have seen Sock 360. Details of what I get when I try to upload the firmware are below.

p.s. I purchased the gateway via 'open therm gateway.com' ; in the instructions it did not mention I needed to upload/flash firmware of the gateway (just the router). Hopefully this is it (if I can upload..)

Code: Select all

can not find channel named "sock348"
can not find channel named "sock348"
    while executing
"fileevent $dev readable"
    (procedure "loadhex" line 14)
    invoked from within
"loadhex"
    invoked from within
"coroutine program loadhex"
    invoked from within
".fw.f4.b1 invoke "
    invoked from within
".fw.f4.b1 instate !disabled { .fw.f4.b1 invoke } "
    invoked from within
".fw.f4.b1 instate pressed { .fw.f4.b1 state !pressed; .fw.f4.b1 instate !disabled { .fw.f4.b1 invoke } } "
    (command bound to event)
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Thanks for now providing the full error message. The part you omitted the first time is useful to me. This error is from trying to download firmware without having a connection to the gateway. Obviously you need to be connected to be able to download the firmware (green connection icon in the bottom right corner of otmonitor).
Schelte
tyfoon
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by tyfoon »

The good News is that most is working now. Have been able to flash the firmware via USB and after that I have been able to get it working correctly via LAN both via OT monitor and Vera.

One small issue: Light on thermostat (Isense) does not turn on anymore; is this in issue of Reference Voltage? Documentation of what Reference Voltage exactly does is difficult to find
One bigger issue: Via LAN works fine but as soon as I try to work via WIFI; very unstable connection (although wifi signal is very strong)
andre_OT
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by andre_OT »

To enable the backlight, this is what I do after upgrading Firmware.

Lift the Isense from the base plate a few seconds.
After replacing it, the background light will work.

Control and confirm the date/time setting, and the Isense will recognize the OpenTherm smart power.

Return to “Opentherm Gateway Forum”