Alaxa Water meter

Forum about 1-Wire devices.
Kroonen

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Kroonen »

This is my watermeter, as you see you can read it;-)

here is the complete waterput with alaxa meter on the left

Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Bwired »

Right thats a clear one :-)
It is strange, let it run for a while and see what the difference is within a couple of weeks
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Digit »

How fast can you poll the counter?
If fast enough to register every pulse seperately, you could find out if the water meter counts more than 1 pulse where only 1 is expected due to polling rate & max water flow. ("denderen", the counter is very fast/sensitive to that)
Kroonen

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Kroonen »

Well first of all, hapy new year, and a great domotica/HA year.
Yesterday evening I wasn't home, and still used 6.0 liter water from my meter. The only thing that was on was the central Heating, on the same group as the watermeter power.

I have looked, and noticed that de counter doesn't need external power. When I use the power of my pc, it is also working. So I decided to use this power, and also connect directly so serial port. Also put an elco on the power, so if there comes some noise it won't affect I hope.

I let know if this is the solution

Richard
Kroonen

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Kroonen »

Well I think it is not working.... again.. I think there is a problem with de serial 1-wire adapter.

I think digit/ bwired, you must put external power to it right?? I think that is the problem. I get some strange noise.. Digit you offered me to test it with an external DS9097U-S09. Is the offer still possible??
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Digit »

Ofcourse. Just send me a PM with the delivery address.[:)]
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Bwired »

Hi Richard,
You are right, you have find somehow there. Some noise, or something in the way it's gets it power. Did you try different external powersupply's?

I use the TAI8586 1-Wire double optocoupled counter module without any additional (direct) power and more then 30 meters of cable in between. My module gets it power (parasite) from the 1-wire controller. Works without a problem.

Based on the Dallas Semiconductor DS2423 the TAI8586 1-Wire double counter module track two diferent series of events. MCT6 optocoupler isolates the 1-Wire network from the measured process. The module contains a 3v Lithum battery to count events even with the 1-Wire bus unconnected.
Kroonen

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Kroonen »

Yes it tried different power supply's, even one made with an lm 7805. But than i have 2 different powers, one from 1 -wire, with a 'ground' and one from the external power power supply, and that causes problems. I be testing later this week, the one from digit, and and than I hope this will work.
Kroonen

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Kroonen »

Well i tried it with a ds9097u and also not 100%.

I noticed that when you use external power you must disconnect something

http://www.vpx.nu/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=hardware_bf53x

As is see on aag elektronica, the counter has 2 optocouplers on de counter, so then they don have that problem.

any idea how to do it with a standard ds9097?

Ricahrd
Kroonen

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Kroonen »

Hi,

I finally bought an tai8586, form aag and hopes that solves the problem.

Now i want to connect it to my alexa water meter. I only found this schema http://www.aagelectronica.com/aag/media/TAI8586-OC.gif

I see rj12 connector is the signal input form alax the also on, of should that put on the print connectors??

I have +5v and gnd form external power, one wire data and ground, and pulse form the watermeter

rergars richard
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Bwired »

The pulsecounter from the Alaxa watermeter should go on J11 or J27. The RJ12 is for connecting to your 1-wire network.
Kroonen

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Kroonen »

Antoher question about j11. I put signal on j11 pin 1 and the gnd(-) from external power on pin 2?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Bwired »

They changed the module?
this is my module without opto coupler all other components are the same.

The optocoupler connected to J11 needs + on pin 1 and - on pin 2. So I think you need to make a construction combining your powersupply with the pulse output of the Alaxa. This is something I did not need to do in my setup.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Digit »

Richard,

Read this:
http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.ph ... 657&page=4
Also someone that is using 'your' counter. This will give you an idea on how to connect power and water meter to the counter. It's not completely equal to your setup, but it should help you enough. Look at the attachments, and register if needed.
Kroonen

Alaxa Water meter

Post by Kroonen »

Well it is working, it counts, now I'm going to check it, this one is more correct than the one from hobby-boards.
I'm positive because last hight it didn't count pulses, what is correct
see www.kroonen.eu (waterverbuik)

I wrote the numbers from the watermeter and counter, I let you know the results about the accuracy.

Return to “1-Wire Forum”