Allowed to post or not?

Questions, suggestions or remarks about this forum.

Moderator: TheHogNL

miles
Starting Member
Starting Member

Allowed to post or not?

Post by miles »

Hi guys and Pieter.

Pieter dont know if you remember me or not, I posted some questions about Midon's temp08 and one wire stuff about 2 years ago?

The thing is, I tried allsorts of manuafcturers kit and couldn't find anything inexpensive that had a really good set of features. Zwave came closest but they wanted nearly 10,000 for a dev kit, programmer shipping and VAT (that wasnt going to happen) so I designed my own kit.

So many people told me I should sell it, that I've now started a business full time doing these wireless sensors, it's sort of open source and free for individuals, we publish all the code, circuits etc.

My question is, am I ok to promote our equipment or does the forum discourage this?

Cheers

Miles
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Allowed to post or not?

Post by Snelvuur »

if there is new hardware for home automation you can always post it. As long as you dont get any "tellsell" ways of saying it. if you start of with "buy now 2 get 3rth for free bla bla" thats a bit off, just show the gadgets/tools/hardware and say what it does with a link to the website.

Thats how we post new items ourself anyways.. if they like the product description they will go to the website anyways..

// Erik (binkey.nl)
miles
Starting Member
Starting Member

Allowed to post or not?

Post by miles »

Excellent News, I've seen a few posts on here from people saying anyone know of anything that can do X Y or Z and I really want to say YES, YES, YES.

Cheers

Miles

Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Allowed to post or not?

Post by Bwired »

Hi Miles,
Welcome , agree with erik :-)

Return to “Suggestions, Questions & Feedback”