Supported Hardware DomotiGa

Forum about Domotiga Open Source Home Automation for Linux.

Moderator: RDNZL

RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

<h3>What is supported?</h3><div align="left">This hardware is working/or partially working:

* RFXcom receiver, USB version connected to an NSLUG running MeteoHub is tested.
* The LAN version works and the USB version directly connected is supported now.
* It reads Oregon sensors, X10/A10 devices, klik-aan.klik uit etc.
* Sony Aibo ERS-7 (reading awake/sleeping state, commands by e-mail to be checked)
* Sony D31 Visca PTZ camera control (done, functions needs to be tested)
* Barcode Reader (usb type hid keyboard input, EAN codes only for now.
* Falcom A2D SMS modem
* Xanura CTX35 Interface (writing only, reading needs to be finished)
* Marmitek DS90 door/window sensor
* Marmitek SD90 smoke detector
* Marmitek LW10G lamp switch/dimmer
* Oregon THGR238N/228N temp/humid sensor
* Oregon THR128 temp sensor
* Oregon UV138 UV level sensor
* RFXcom RFXPwr power usage module
* uBlox GPS Receiver
* HWG TM751 applicance switch
* Xanura SAX35 I/O actor
* HDDtemp harddrive temp monitoring
* upsd/nut UPS monitoring
* Marmitek MS13E motion sensor
* Heyu X10 controller program (writing only)
* Dallas 18S20 temp sensor
* SiteCom Bluetooth Dongle (and bluez-utils compatible ones) for proximity.
* CallerID in conjunction with Asterisk

<h3>Details</h3>Software in alpha development state at the moment and several modules are only partially implemented, so what is the software capable of at this moment?

* It calculates and displays current moonphase, sunrise and sunset and populate global program variables with these values.
* Same for weekend, weekdays, time of day (evening, afternoon etc), season, dark/light based on sunset/sunrise.
* It switches my porch light on and off at preset scheduled times. (via Xanura CTX35)
* It displays current temperatures and humidity values measured by my 6 Oregon sensors placed around the house and in the garden. (via RFXcom receiver) as well as the sensors of neighbors ;-)
* It receives UV level from my Oregon UV138 sensor placed in the garden. (via RFXcom receiver)
* It monitors the temperature of the 4 harddrives placed in my server, and notifies me per e-mail if it reaches the threshold I have set. (via hddtemp)
* It monitors the status of my AIBO 'Rakker' and set device value accordingly.
* It keeps an eye on the status of my APC SmartUPS, and displays status (Online, On battery etc) and the voltage of the line input in Volt. (via nut/upsd)
* It shows if it detected motion/no motion reported by the MS13E sensors, it also displays dark or light status these devices reports. (via RFXcom receiver)
* It monitors server room temperature measured by the DS18S20 sensor mounted on the Midon TEMP08 interface. (via Midon TEMP08)
* It monitors Mailbox status detected by an DS90 sensor, same for door/window open/closed. (via RFXcom receiver)
* It stores temperature and humid values inside rrd databases, and create statistic graphs on the fly to be displayed. (via rrdtool)
* Same for RFXCom RFXPwr sensor to store power usage. (via RFXcom receiver)
* You can view, edit and store all program settings via the GUI inside database.
* View logfile data (Main program, RFXCom, Xanura X10).
* Manage and view video capture images taken from IP9000 video server and stored inside the MySQL database.
* Add, delete, change list of products by EAN barcode. (it can generate a shoppinglist for example)
* Edit all devices via the GUI.
* Tool Menu: Serial Port Usage; displays overview of all serial ports in use, and by which module.
* Tool Menu: X10 Commander; send X10 commands, to program and test modules.
* Tool Menu: Database Admin; delete tables, use with care.
* Tool Menu: Bluetooth Browser; shows which BT devices are around.
* If devices have reported battery status low, the program will sent you an e-mail.
* It knows when you or others are home, because it detected your/their Bluetooth device/phone is within reach, which is linked to user names.

</div id="left">
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

Added support for Plugwise Stick and Circles, you can switch them and monitor power usage.
Added support for BWR101/102 scale (needs more testing)
Added support for Fritz!Box call monitor (mysql db part to be written)

You can get the latest code from svn on domotiga.nl
marunga
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by marunga »

CM11 support ?

thanks,
m
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by marunga</i>
<br />CM11 support ?

thanks,
m
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

No, not direct, it's to difficult, but you can use it with Domotiga, with the help of Heyu, only for controlling devices.
I use the more advanced Xanura CTX35 or ACT TI-213

Ron.
vossie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by vossie »

Ron i have programmed support for the rfxcom temp, humid, baro and a/d
sensors if you wan't i can mail it to you.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Snelvuur »

A new developer, always nice. I think Ron had some new items too, but there where some issues before updating svn.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vossie</i>
<br />Ron i have programmed support for the rfxcom temp, humid, baro and a/d

Hee thats nice!
Can use some help, you can mail me at cyberjunkynl AT gmail DOT com
or via PM

As Erik wrote, I have a lot of new code to commit, but ran into a performance/stability issue, it was caused by a bug in Gambas's serial port code, which Benoit -the Gambas developer- found and fixed last night after I had sent him some gdb output of my problem, his support is just awesome! Never experienced that high level, not even with paid products.

Regards,
Ron.
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vossie</i>
<br />Ron i have programmed support for the rfxcom temp, humid, baro and a/d

Hee thats nice!
Can use some help, you can mail me at cyberjunkynl AT gmail DOT com
or via PM

As Erik wrote, I have a lot of new code to commit, but ran into a performance/stability issue, it was caused by a bug in Gambas's serial port code, which Benoit -the Gambas developer- found and fixed last night after I had sent him some gdb output of my problem, his support is just awesome! Never experienced that high level, not even with paid products.

Found a lot of bugs in Gambas during development of DomotiGa, thats because DomotiGa is a strange program in the sense that it has to run 24/7 with high stability, opens and uses a lot of serial ports, network tcp sockets and generates mysql traffic every second 24/7...
Nice to see that bugs gets fixed very soon after reporting.

Regards,
Ron.
pleaseask

Post by pleaseask »

Is the software compatible with the CM11 ?
and can the software run on a Synology device?
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

CM11 is supported via Heyu, but VERY limited, only switching appliances and lights. TI103 and CTX35 support is much more mature.

Every OS supported by Gambas is supported.
http://gambasdoc.org/help/doc/distro?en&view
Synology is ARM architecture I think? So I dunno.

But DomotiGa is not just a script, its a graphical app, although you can use it on a headless server with using VNC or NX(I do too)
coulomb
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by coulomb »

Hi Ron, first of all: congratulation for your project!
I think it has lots of potentiality compared to oem solution, expecially thanks to multiprotocol support.

Imho I think that X10-protocol is unreliable both when lots of devices are connected and in some types of "electric-home installation".
Therefore I hope that major support to protocols like 1-wire will be given. In Italy there is a factory that has developed an entire platform based on 1-wire protocol, see:
http://www.tecnohome.org/ita/.../Schede ... i%20TH.pdf

What's your opinion? Have you ever try to control devices using DS2408 or DS2406 based boards?

Regards,

Davide
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

Hi Davide,

The link doesn't work for me.

You are right about X10 protocol and issues, but a careful planning, using filters etc can make it work better, or use the more advanced A10 protocol (Eaton/Xanura)

I have no experience with 1-wire other than temp and weather sensors.
coulomb
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by coulomb »

Thanks for the answer, Ron. I agree with you when you talk about filter and solutions to improve X10 performances, theese solution can however increase sesibly the cost of the plant in spite of a "wired bus" solutions. IMHO X10 devices are cumbersome and without style, so I'm going to find better solutions...

I don't know much about A10 protocol, but I'd like to study it bit. Actually I'm making some experiments with Weeder devices: they're not expensive but it's hard going over 10 meter cable lenght (not a good solutions for the most parts of houses) and signal repeaters aren't so cheap.

Regards,

Davide
mgb
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mgb »

Hello RDNZL,

I saw in previous posts you have been busy with the devices from Heino Peters book. Have you implemented or are you goning to implement this protocol in Domotiga?
I'm currently busy with these devices and might use Domotiga to control those.

Michael
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

Michael,

I have implemented the DomoTest software routines I made earlier under the Tools menu of my development version of DomotiGa.
And I have the basic serial init routines for serial port and Interface type done.
The big part is to integrate the logic so devices are found and updated.
I don't think I have it working before the Domotica Praktijk Seminar next 5 sept.
But it's on my list.

Regards,
Ron.

Return to “DomotiGa Forum”