Zwave garage door opener

Forum and Topics about Z-Wave devices.
ralhop

Zwave garage door opener

Post by ralhop »

i'm starting a new project to open en close my garage door with a jalousi zwave.me switch.
my basic system now a most common chamberlain Motorlift 600, it has 2 read switches ,open end position and close end position, and a puls button output.
i put for some time an extra zwave readswitch to see if it is closed or not (in homeseer)
now the challange... to put my zwave switch on the opener so that it works with the up and down putton.
did someone try to do this?? i dont want to invent the wheel again. :D
Ralph
ivom74
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Zwave garage door opener

Post by ivom74 »

I read your message from 2009. I wonder if the project is already succesfull? The motorlift 500 works on 433 mhz so you have to buy a switch en sensors in combination with the Z-wave?
ralhop

Post by ralhop »

I modified a düwi switch so that i have a power Free contact that is connected to the motorlift 600. The benefit from the düwi switch is that it can be set to 1 second to close it off again. Than I put a door Zwave door contact on the garage door to tell homeseer if the door is closed or open.

I assigned inside the house a switch to the garage düwi switch so if I press it the door opens and the second time it stops and thirth time it closes again . It works great.
Ralph
ivom74
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ivom74 »

Hello,

I wonder if the garagedoorsensor from vendor will work? http://www.robbshop.nl/vision-garagedeur-sensor ?
Maybe you can see how far the door is open?

Greetings

Ivo
ralhop

Post by ralhop »

The vision sensor is not 100% supported Bij homeseer but you can make it work. I use a fibaro switch connected to a door contact.

If you want to know the exact door position you must go inside the electronic of the motorlift and use a rolo switch to control the motor of the motorlift. It only works on time position. The problem that I had was that I had nothing to stop the door if something is under the door.
Ralph

Return to “Z-Wave Forum”