Fully automated rooting script

Everything about rooting Toons 1 and 2.

Moderator: marcelr

Re: Fully automated rooting script

Postby CarlvO » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:30 pm

Is it possible to use the automated script without the jtag cables? It's a U-boot version with a known password.

Why? I don't have enough jumper cables lying around.. And ordering them takes a while :D
CarlvO
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby martenjacobs » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:16 pm

CarlvO wrote:Is it possible to use the automated script without the jtag cables? It's a U-boot version with a known password.

Why? I don't have enough jumper cables lying around.. And ordering them takes a while :D

Yes this is possible, just follow the same steps, but you can omit installing OpenOCD
martenjacobs
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby alcomys » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:08 pm

Question.
i did read the manual for rooting toon but there are some issues i don't understand.
i don't use an raspberry pi but instead i use a Segger basic jtagger/debugger with Openocd on Ubuntu linux.
the questions i have are , where do i have to put the modified u-boot.bin ? is it the Openocd dir ? it is nowhere described !
the rest of the manual is clear.
i become at the point of flashing the u-boot, but stuck at the Bootloader upload procedure because Openocd with telnet connection 3333 cannot find the specified u-boot.bin.
hope someone can help me with this issue.

best regards,trey
alcomys
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby TheHogNL » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:44 am

Just point to the right location (full path for example) Best is to put it all in the same dir.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
TheHogNL
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Previous

Return to Toon Rooting