Fully automated rooting script

Everything about rooting Toons 1 and 2.

Moderators: marcelr, Toonz, TheHogNL, TerrorSource

Re: Fully automated rooting script

Postby TheHogNL » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:23 pm

So yes it seems that the tranfering fails. It now has a timeout of 60 seconds and before that it should already have been finished.
Could you check the wiring for bad connections (they seem to be wired ok, but give too much errors i think)?
Member of the Toon Software Collective
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby jant90 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 2:45 pm

TheHogNL wrote:So yes it seems that the tranfering fails. It now has a timeout of 60 seconds and before that it should already have been finished.
Could you check the wiring for bad connections (they seem to be wired ok, but give too much errors i think)?

I tried different wires, same result. Maybe it's an issue with the cheap CH340G chip USB to TTL device?

Anyways, I just ordered a RPi, I hope it arrives tomorrow so I can finally root this thing haha. My old thermostat is getting annoying :P
wiring.jpg
wiring.jpg (292.46 KiB) Viewed 184 times
jant90
Starting Member
Starting Member

Postby TheHogNL » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:38 pm

jant90 wrote:
TheHogNL wrote:So yes it seems that the tranfering fails. It now has a timeout of 60 seconds and before that it should already have been finished.

I tried different wires, same result. Maybe it's an issue with the cheap CH340G chip USB to TTL device?

Anyways, I just ordered a RPi, I hope it arrives tomorrow so I can finally root this thing haha. My old thermostat is getting annoying :P
wiring.jpg

Owh.. but you have with boot-only access to your toon already. You can do the payload thing by hand also :)
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby TheHogNL » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:49 pm

Just copy paste this in the shell when you are in --boot-only
This script will do the rest for you (see it as a new kind of payload):

Code: Select all
echo "(echo \"+++Starting rooting your toon!+++\";while ! curl -Nks http://qutility.nl/root-toon1 ; do echo \"echo 'Waiting for internet'\" ; sleep 10 ; done |sh)&" > /etc/rc5.d/S99dropbear-install-and-root.sh
/etc/init.d/reboot
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Postby jant90 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:49 pm

ToonRooter succeeded on the first attempt with the RPi so I'm happy now. Thanks for all your help! :D
jant90
Starting Member
Starting Member

Previous

Return to Toon Rooting