Everything about rooting Toons 1 and 2.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Toon as a domotica controller?

Post by bartbakels »

Hi irelandfan,

Indeed this is very helpfull. I going to try some scripting in homeseer 3, maybe i can use the scripts i made a while back for hs2 HUe interface. Also uses json post and get functions.

Do you know if this only works via the portal or also directly adressed to the toon?

Maybe someone volunteers to incorporate this in a homeseer 3 plugin? ;)

Btw sorry for my dutch posts earlier..

Regards

Bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Dear all,

I t seems today robert from the eneco forum posted a link to his github page where he created a python program to control and monitor the toon. This an be found at https://github.com/rvdm/toon

Regards

Bart
Software: HS3, HStouch, Plugwise , BLBackup, BLLatestImage, Zwave, JowiHUE, PHlocation, Netcam, Harmony Plugin, ThinkingCleaner, HSPhone, Eneco Toon Script, Pushover, Visonic Powermax LV Interface

(ON ESXI )on NUC
rvdm
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by rvdm »

Hi,
bartbakels wrote: It seems today robert from the eneco forum posted a link to his github page where he created a python program to control and monitor the toon. This an be found at https://github.com/rvdm/toon
I'm the author of that module - I didn't know people were already trying to do something like this - funny finding this thread :) If there's any suggestions, I'm happy to help.

Cheers,

Robert
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

hi robert,

Im getting your script succesfully running onder Windows Python, and now trying to link this to homeseer. Great work!!!.

Btw there is a little typo in your example in github; toon.get_power_usage

keep u posted.

regards

(ON ESXI )on NUC
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Robert,

in addition i created a little example python script to get all parameters using your module. Evenrything works fine, however im still looking for a way to set the active state, ("slapen", "weg", etc.) i tried the schemestate url post, but this not seem to work. You have any idea how to accomplish this?

regards

bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
rvdm
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by rvdm »

I updated the latest version, it seems to work for me every once in a while. The toonopafstand webservice is not that reliable. I'll look into it further.
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

hi,

I also saw this phenomenon. but second time the script is called its functioning. Maybe something with the init or authentication routine?

I have still have to test your updated version, but I thought there was something wth locking and unlocking...?

regards

bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

rvdm,

The get_program_state function has to be looking at activeState and not programstate. I guess programstate reports the use of the scheduled program. btw activestate -1 is a manual configured temperature.

However I cannot get the set_program_state to work yet.

Regards

bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

dear all,

Im working on a homeseer 3 script and making some progress. I openend a new topic which can be found at domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=64&amp ... amp;t=9450

regards

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

rvdm,

as posted above, I created a vbscript to interface the toon with help of your code, THANKS :D. In addition i think i solved the modeset issue. Its the temperatureState string, in your code you dont use a capital letter. In my vbscript its going well everytime I execute it. Check my other post to check the code if u like.

regards

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC
mbnn
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mbnn »

Hello, has any of you tried to reflash toon so you can use it on it's own without the need for eneco? For example to use it as your own thermostat etc to connect to fibaro or other z-wave stuff? It would be very interesting to see if that would be possible. Been trying to look for a solution for ages.

Or just use it as is but connected to fibaro HC2?
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Hi there, it's been a long time.
Hello, has any of you tried to reflash toon so you can use it on it's own without the need for eneco? For example to use it as your own thermostat etc to connect to fibaro or other z-wave stuff? It would be very interesting to see if that would be possible. Been trying to look for a solution for ages.
The reflashing is still my top priority, for the simple reason that I don't have (and do not intend to get) a connection with Eneco. I have tried to get an account a their server, to no avail so far. Without this account, toon is pretty useless, unless I can get in without Eneco. My toon has been gathering dust for the last few quarters, I'm afraid. Hacking time is a rare commodity these days. It's good to see that others are still working on this, will try and join you again shortly.

grtz,

marcelr
Ierlandfan

Post by Ierlandfan »

Hi Marcelr,

I found a way of doing that.
(I will not yet disclose in public)
Since you' have all that's needed we can try to duplicate.
Then I will disclose it.
can you contact me?
ewjmulder
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by ewjmulder »

Hi all,

I'm new on this forum, but I would like to share something that you might like as a possibility to use Toon as a domotica controller. As you might know Toon included support for controlling Philips Hue lights at the end of 2014. This uses a known and documented REST API protocol on the local network, so it's relatively easy to simulate being a Philips Hue bridge and 'take control' of the lights data displayed on Toon and of course implement any desired action upon turning a light on or off. I created a project: https://github.com/ewjmulder/hue-bridge-simulator that does exactly that and now I'm able to do anything that I have programmatic control over when you turn on a 'light' on Toon. For example: I can tap 'Watch TV' on Toon and my lights will dim and the TV, tuner and iTV receiver will be turned on. Same procedure for turning it all off. Of course you can attach any desired behaviour to a 'light switch' yourself. This is a very handy addition to other ways of controlling your smart home, even more so for visitors that require an easy and always accessible interface. If you like this idea, please give it a try: at https://github.com/ewjmulder/hue-bridge-simulator there is a quite comprehensive readme and the source itself is also well documented. Let me know what you think and if it works for you too!

Regards, Erik
bartbakels
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by bartbakels »

Erik,

great idea, I will look into this, which domotica software are you using? Im probably going ur solution in combination with HS3 using the Jowihue plugin.

Thanks in advance

Bart

(ON ESXI )on NUC

Return to “Toon Rooting”