Software: modifications and extensions Toon

Everything about software tools, new software development and toolchains. For developers, mostly.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Software: modifications and extensions Toon

Post by marcelr »

Toonz and I compiled a set of guidelines for submission of toonstore apps. Please find these guidelines here:
viewtopic.php?f=87&t=11235#p83091
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

TheHogNL wrote: The code is far from complete. Still need a lot of santizing. But it works and I can share it. Better to create a new topic from now I guess?
Yes, when you feel ready for it... :)
And a warm welcome to the dev community.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
makkie2002

Post by makkie2002 »

Hi all. I made my first app! It is showing images from my webcam on a Toon tile. If you click on the tile you get a fullscreen image of the webcam.

The app uses the fact that my webcam has an URL with the latest jpg image. The images are refreshed every 10s for now. If I refresh more quickly the Toon processor is too heavily loaded. I would like to have the refresh rate for the full screen somewhat faster than for the tile, but I am afraid my programming skills hold me back :? . So if someone wants to look into the code and help out ... very much appreciated !
Attachments
webcam.zip
(4.88 KiB) Downloaded 421 times
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

makkie2002 wrote:Hi all. I made my first app! It is showing images from my webcam on a Toon tile. If you click on the tile you get a fullscreen image of the webcam.

The app uses the fact that my webcam has an URL with the latest jpg image. The images are refreshed every 10s for now. If I refresh more quickly the Toon processor is too heavily loaded. I would like to have the refresh rate for the full screen somewhat faster than for the tile, but I am afraid my programming skills hold me back :? . So if someone wants to look into the code and help out ... very much appreciated !
Nice work! Haven’t heard anyone about this idea so far!

Can you make a settings part in the app so I can edit the IP/Port/image url via the Toon itself? Like in the Sonos app
Would be nice to have it in the ToonStore also!
makkie2002

Post by makkie2002 »

Can you make a settings part in the app so I can edit the IP/Port/image url via the Toon itself? Like in the Sonos app
I will have to study some other apps to get this functionality in ... but I will manage :o
makkie2002

Post by makkie2002 »

I was just wondering ... since qml is able to run javascript code ... is it possible to use a MQTT javascript library and add mqtt functionality to Toon https://eclipse.org/paho/clients/js/?
This would greatly easy integration with other home automation system anyone should have as we could link measured temperature as well as the temperature to a MQTT variable for automatic syncing over all devices.
Ierlandfan

Post by Ierlandfan »

Mosquitto can be installed through opkg

libmosquitto - 1.4.9-r0 - Mosquitto is an open source (BSD licensed) message broker that implements the MQ Telemetry Transport protocol version 3.1. MQTT provides a lightweight method of carrying out messaging using a publish/subscribe model.

libmosquittopp1 - 1.4.9-r0 - Mosquitto is an open source (BSD licensed) message broker that implements the MQ Telemetry Transport protocol version 3.1. MQTT provides a lightweight method of carrying out messaging using a publish/subscribe model.

mosquitto - 1.4.9-r0 - Mosquitto is an open source (BSD licensed) message broker that implements the MQ Telemetry Transport protocol version 3.1. MQTT provides a lightweight method of carrying out messaging using a publish/subscribe model.

mosquitto-clients - 1.4.9-r0 - Mosquitto is an open source (BSD licensed) message broker that implements the MQ Telemetry Transport protocol version 3.1. MQTT provides a lightweight method of carrying out messaging using a publish/subscribe model.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Any idea where I can find a bitbake recipe for it?
Ierlandfan

Post by Ierlandfan »

marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Could be, will try.
makkie2002

Post by makkie2002 »

How do I do that?
I think my repositories are only limited to this forum?
How do I get other repositories?

Code: Select all

eneco-xyz:~# opkg update
Downloading http://files.domoticaforum.eu/uploads/Toon/apps/wastecollection-2.2/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://files.domoticaforum.eu/uploads/Toon/apps/wastecollection-2.2/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/tsc1.
Downloading http://files.domoticaforum.eu/uploads/Toon/apps/wastecollection-2.2/Packages.sig.
Signature check passed.
Downloading http://files.domoticaforum.eu/uploads/Toon/apps/toonstore-0.9.5/Packages.gz.
Inflating http://files.domoticaforum.eu/uploads/Toon/apps/toonstore-0.9.5/Packages.gz.
Updated list of available packages in /var/lib/opkg/tsc2.
Downloading http://files.domoticaforum.eu/uploads/Toon/apps/toonstore-0.9.5/Packages.sig.
Signature check passed.
phoenixb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by phoenixb »

Small question, where are located on the toon the different qt library's that are used inside the apps?

Post by marcelr »

/usr/lib/Qt-5.3.1/lib
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

makkie2002 wrote:
How do I do that?
I think my repositories are only limited to this forum?
How do I get other repositories?
You can't.

You have installed toonstore, which cuts the connection between your toon and eneco.
To restore the connection, you will have to remove the toonstore.

That will not help you, because mosquito is not part of the openembedded tree for toon, so there is no package to install, from any repository. It is true that there is a bitbake recipe for mosquito, but that needs to be inserted into the openembedded tree for toon, and subsequently used to build the mosquito package(s).
I tried that last week, but the build fails with some major errors.
phoenixb
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by phoenixb »

Is it possible to use the QT creator to build app's? I have already try to import an existing one but get serval errors that the librarys not can been loaded.

Return to “Toon software development”