Custom apps on FW 5.0.4

Everything about software tools, new software development and toolchains. For developers, mostly.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

hvxl

Custom apps on FW 5.0.4

Post by hvxl »

I've been struggling to create my own app on 5.0.4. As a simple first try I decided to recreate the clock tile, but also showing seconds and the weekday when not in dimmed state. In the past there actually was a clock app that could be modified, but that's not the case anymore.

To avoid problems with the built-in clock app, I called mine digitalclock. I created a digitalclock directory under /HCBv2/qml/apps, containing DigitalClockApp.qml, DigitalClockTile.qml, and qmldir. But after restarting qt-gui, my app doesn't show up on the tile selection page.

There no longer is a /HCBv2/qml/qb/base/Globals.qml file to add the app to.

I've been looking at existing apps in the toon store, but couldn't identify any magical trick that makes them appear which I've missed in my app. Is there something special that needs to be done, or should I continue looking for a typo in my qml files?

By the way, may I suggest to use grep -w when looking for a package in /usr/lib/opkg/status in the pre- and post-install scripts? Because with the current code, `grep ov /usr/lib/opkg/status` finds lots of lines containing "Provides:". `grep -w ov /usr/lib/opkg/status` only finds the intended "Package: ov", or nothing.
Schelte
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Custom apps on FW 5.0.4

Post by Toonz »

Thanks for the hint for the install scripts.
Regarding your custom apps:
1. The apps folder names can only have lowercase characters (e.g. 'toonstore')
2. The folder must contain the file <Foldername>App.qml (e.g. 'ToonstoreApp.qml'), starting with a capital

when you do this the app will be loaded automatically by the TCS resource file.

In you case the folder should be ''digitalclock''
and contain a file "DigitalclockApp.qml" and "DigitalclockTile.qml", all case sensitive
member of the Toon Software Collective
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

And if you want to peek into the resource files you can upload your resource-base.rcc to http://qutility.nl/upload.html and receive an zipped unpacked content of all original code. This is very useful when writing your own code because you can look into the original code as example.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

Toonz wrote:The folder must contain the file <Foldername>App.qml (e.g. 'ToonstoreApp.qml'), starting with a capital
Ah, thanks. That was the crucial bit I was missing. I could have stared at my code for days and never have figured that out.
It's working now.
Schelte
hvxl

Post by hvxl »

TheHogNL wrote:And if you want to peek into the resource files you can upload your resource-base.rcc to http://qutility.nl/upload.html and receive an zipped unpacked content of all original code. This is very useful when writing your own code because you can look into the original code as example.
So that's where the built-in apps were hidden. Very useful to have as a reference indeed.
Schelte
helppp
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by helppp »

I am trying to add Domoticzboard it to my Toon running 5.0.4 but the application is not showing up. I extracted the zip from Github, renamed it to all lower cases but still no luck, of course did a reboot. Before 5.0.4 software there was a file where you need to add the app, now it is not there. Anything else I need to do?

Return to “Toon software development”