png on toon

Everything about software tools, new software development and toolchains. For developers, mostly.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

msx4ever
Starting Member
Starting Member

png on toon

Post by msx4ever »

I have made an app for my Toon which is working very nicely. It show the temperature of my solar boiler and when it has been checked. I only have one problem with displaying a png file. Whatever I do, it never shows... Do I have to put the png image on a special location?
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: png on toon

Post by Toonz »

Static images are by default part of the resource files (.rcc files in /qmf/qml) which you cannot edit yourself.
Alternatively you can put your images on the local webserver in the /qmf/qml/www/hdrv_zwave folder for testing.
Access the file in qml via http://localhost/hdrv_zwave/xxx.png

I used the hdrv_zwave folder because it is whitelisted by default.

If you want to have your app published in the ToonStore we need to add your static images to the rcc files in the future.

Kind regardz,

Toonz
member of the Toon Software Collective
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Toonz wrote: I used the hdrv_zwave folder because it is whitelisted by default.
Toonz
I think the /qmf/www/rsrc/ is better for that as it is meant to serve 'resources'. But it really doesn't matter only a better name.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
msx4ever
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by msx4ever »

I have tried it by copying it to the rsrc folder. I can access it via my browser, however I do not get it to work within the app. I then tried an icon which is in the qrc and that works, so the code is ok. I tried it like this:

screenTitleIconUrl: "http://localhost/rsrc/zonneboiler.png"

Return to “Toon software development”