Toon not booting after failed update

If your (rooted) Toon doesn't do what it's supposed to, post here. Dutch allowed / Posten in 't Nederlands toegestaan.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

MadDemonoide
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Toon not booting after failed update

Post by MadDemonoide »

TheHogNL wrote:I think you have a very old version of Toon firmware which doesn't update the /etc/hosts file properly (your feed.hae.int entry in your hosts file doesn't match with the routing table)
Try to remove the "feed.hae.int" line from the /etc/hosts file and restart the Toon and the script again.
As far as I know I already were at 4.9 or something. Nonetheless I removed the line and rebooted. This did not change anything.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Send me a DM with your mobile phone number and I'll whatsapp you tonight to assist over a teamviewer session. I'm curious what's going on.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
MadDemonoide
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by MadDemonoide »

TheHogNL wrote:Send me a DM with your mobile phone number and I'll whatsapp you tonight to assist over a teamviewer session. I'm curious what's going on.
Send you a message :)
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

His toon had a lot of zero-sized files, probably due to the power failure during the update process. Most where system files which are not part of any update package. A donor Toon was needed to provide a copy of the files. He was lucky dat SSH still worked.. all crucial files for booting and ssh still worked and where not damaged.
Now it boots again and we are finish the update again.
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

Good job! Well done, both of you.
EastXIII
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by EastXIII »

I have the same issue here, was updating the Toon when my little daughter found the bright red button from my power supply quite interesting.
My fault, should've paid more attention; lessons learned.

So now my Toon stops at 1/3 at the 'T' logo. I can still SSH into it and dig around through the files.
Checked inittab, made a backup and replaced it by the one provided on this forum. Restart but still stops at 1/3.

What to do next? How can I see if there are many 0-sized files?
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Run this "find . -type f -size 0 | grep -v \/dev | grep -v \/sys | grep -v \/proc"

Post the result and i'll compare it to my list. Normally there are already a few 0 sized files so don't worry if already see 0 sized files 8)
It is just the few imporant files which are zeroed now at your toon. Need to figure out which ones.
EastXIII
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by EastXIII »

Unfortunately I get nothing at all. Without the " it just jumps to empty command line without anything. Had doubts about the " so even added them.
It than states "-sh: find . -type f -size 0 | grep -v \/dev | grep -v \/sys | grep -v \/proc: not found"
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Should be

Code: Select all

find / -type f -size 0 | grep -v \/dev | grep -v \/sys | grep -v \/proc
(the find . means from current dir and find / from top)

But I already helped you outside of the forum. I managed to resume the update using the update script from Eneco. That seemed to worked, however now your toon is unrooted again.

You already mentioned that the Pi is close by to root it again :) good luck
EastXIII
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by EastXIII »

Allready done and operational! Thanks for your time and helping me out! Great work!

Return to “Toon issues and support (Nederlands toegestaan)”