Toon 1 keeps rebooting (5.46.4)

If your (rooted) Toon doesn't do what it's supposed to, post here. Dutch allowed / Posten in 't Nederlands toegestaan.

Moderators: marcelr, TerrorSource, Toonz, TheHogNL

Toon 1 keeps rebooting (5.46.4)

Postby jnieuw » Thu Aug 12, 2021 3:14 pm

Think it gets an OOM (out of memory).
Only have "Afvalwijzer" and "Buienradar" app.

Don't use the Powermeter etc. so is it possible to disable the services:
    {hdrv_zwave} HCBv2
    {happ_smartplug} HCBv2
    {happ_pwrusage} HCBv2
    {hdrv_p1} HCBv2

And if so, what is the best way to do this?
jnieuw
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 38
Joined: October 2017

Re: Toon 1 keeps rebooting (5.46.4)

Postby TheHogNL » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:35 pm

jnieuw wrote:Think it gets an OOM (out of memory).
Only have "Afvalwijzer" and "Buienradar" app.

Don't use the Powermeter etc. so is it possible to disable the services:
    {hdrv_zwave} HCBv2
    {happ_smartplug} HCBv2
    {happ_pwrusage} HCBv2
    {hdrv_p1} HCBv2

And if so, what is the best way to do this?


remove the 0-sized files from /qmf/etc/start.d/
if you need to start them just create 0-size file with the same name again (using touch or something)
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: August 2017

Re: Toon 1 keeps rebooting (5.46.4)

Postby Martello » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:56 pm

Hallo

I accidently deleted al files out of this folder. Can somebody tell me the names of the files inside this folder? /qmf/etc/start.d

Thanks Chris
Martello
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 2
Joined: August 2021

Re: Toon 1 keeps rebooting (5.46.4)

Postby TheHogNL » Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:28 pm

Martello wrote:Hallo

I accidently deleted al files out of this folder. Can somebody tell me the names of the files inside this folder? /qmf/etc/start.d

Thanks Chris


happ_eventmgr happ_pwrusage happ_smartplug happ_usermsg hcb_config hcb_rrd hdrv_hue hdrv_sensory lighttpd
happ_hvac happ_scsync happ_thermstat hcb_bxtproxy hcb_log hcb_watchdog hdrv_p1 hdrv_zwave
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: August 2017

Re: Toon 1 keeps rebooting (5.46.4)

Postby jnieuw » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:50 pm

TheHogNL wrote:
jnieuw wrote:Think it gets an OOM (out of memory).
Only have "Afvalwijzer" and "Buienradar" app.

Don't use the Powermeter etc. so is it possible to disable the services:
    {hdrv_zwave} HCBv2
    {happ_smartplug} HCBv2
    {happ_pwrusage} HCBv2
    {hdrv_p1} HCBv2

And if so, what is the best way to do this?


remove the 0-sized files from /qmf/etc/start.d/
if you need to start them just create 0-size file with the same name again (using touch or something)


Thank you @TheHogNL, I disabled the services, including hcb_rrd and Toon is much more responsive now.
Can I ask what each of these services are doing (hcb_bxtproxy, hcb_log, happ_hvac, happ_scsync) and if they can be disabled?

-I see a lot of log files in /mnt/data/qmf/log, they contain old log data as well. Can I remove these without problems?
-The 01_GENERAL.log.json contains lots of Problem posting report to %s; error(%s) discarding",["http://feed.hae.int:31080/benchmark/friendRequest... etc. is there a way to disable these reports?
-And the 99_DEBUG.log.json contains lots of "Triggering HardRestarts for all OpenVPN instances (%s)",["iterations % 60: ST_INTERNET tunnel conn timeout"]],, again, is there a way to disable these?
jnieuw
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 38
Joined: October 2017

Re: Toon 1 keeps rebooting (5.46.4)

Postby TheHogNL » Sun Aug 29, 2021 7:37 pm

jnieuw wrote:
TheHogNL wrote:
jnieuw wrote:Think it gets an OOM (out of memory).
Only have "Afvalwijzer" and "Buienradar" app.

Don't use the Powermeter etc. so is it possible to disable the services:
    {hdrv_zwave} HCBv2
    {happ_smartplug} HCBv2
    {happ_pwrusage} HCBv2
    {hdrv_p1} HCBv2

And if so, what is the best way to do this?


remove the 0-sized files from /qmf/etc/start.d/
if you need to start them just create 0-size file with the same name again (using touch or something)


Thank you @TheHogNL, I disabled the services, including hcb_rrd and Toon is much more responsive now.
Can I ask what each of these services are doing (hcb_bxtproxy, hcb_log, happ_hvac, happ_scsync) and if they can be disabled?

-I see a lot of log files in /mnt/data/qmf/log, they contain old log data as well. Can I remove these without problems?
-The 01_GENERAL.log.json contains lots of Problem posting report to %s; error(%s) discarding",["http://feed.hae.int:31080/benchmark/friendRequest... etc. is there a way to disable these reports?
-And the 99_DEBUG.log.json contains lots of "Triggering HardRestarts for all OpenVPN instances (%s)",["iterations % 60: ST_INTERNET tunnel conn timeout"]],, again, is there a way to disable these?


You can safely remove those log but you can't stop those lines. Those are because we are blocking those call to eneco but the software keeps trying so that's why you see those log lines.

bxtproxy is a service used to translate service calls from eneco to your toon and vice versa. You don't need it on a rooted toon I think, not sure though.
hcb_log will probably stop those log lines, not sure. Don't think you need it.
hvac is used for your thermostat and other stoff, i'll keep t running
scsync is synced to the servce center, probably safe to shut it down I think

rrd is for your graphs, so you need that if you need your graphs in the toon
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: August 2017

Re: Toon 1 keeps rebooting (5.46.4)

Postby jnieuw » Wed Sep 01, 2021 8:47 am

Thanks for the reply.
I will turn them off and post the results here (after a week or so). Memory is almost double and Toon1 is still responsive since I turned the previous services off...
jnieuw
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 38
Joined: October 2017

Re: Toon 1 keeps rebooting (5.46.4)

Postby TheHogNL » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:19 am

jnieuw wrote:Thanks for the reply.
I will turn them off and post the results here (after a week or so). Memory is almost double and Toon1 is still responsive since I turned the previous services off...

Just tried something myself. Scsync needs to be running as it provides information how the toon should start (which services enabled etc). At least, in my toon1 test the GUI didn't start without scsync running.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
User avatar
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 1924
Joined: August 2017

Re: Toon 1 keeps rebooting (5.46.4)

Postby jnieuw » Wed Sep 01, 2021 10:41 am

TheHogNL wrote:
jnieuw wrote:Thanks for the reply.
I will turn them off and post the results here (after a week or so). Memory is almost double and Toon1 is still responsive since I turned the previous services off...

Just tried something myself. Scsync needs to be running as it provides information how the toon should start (which services enabled etc). At least, in my toon1 test the GUI didn't start without scsync running.

I came to the same conclusion. Only services I've running now are:

happ_eventmgr, happ_thermstat, hcb_config, lighttpd, happ_scsync, happ_usermsg, hcb_watchdog

:!: For everybody else reading this:
I do NOT use the gas and electricity meters from Toon/Eneco, but measure them directly with Domoticz and a P1-Cable.
I also do not use the any Zwave (smoke detectors etc.) or HUE from Toon.
This means no graphics in Toon and that's why I could disable these services.

Current status of Toon1:
Mem: 114948K used, 11248K free, 92K shrd, 0K buff, 39376K cached
CPU: 15.3% usr 23.0% sys 0.0% nic 61.5% idle 0.0% io 0.0% irq 0.0% sirq
Load average: 0.21 0.40 0.26 1/100 2409


Let's see.
jnieuw
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 38
Joined: October 2017

Re: Toon 1 keeps rebooting (5.46.4)

Postby jnieuw » Sat Sep 04, 2021 12:43 pm

With an uptime of 3 days, still responsive and no reboots. Only the memory has decreased. I will post again in a few days.

Current values are:
Mem: 118140K used, 8056K free, 100K shrd, 0K buff, 39528K cached
CPU: 1.5% usr 5.1% sys 0.0% nic 93.2% idle 0.0% io 0.0% irq 0.0% sirq
Load average: 0.12 0.13 0.09 1/100 8807
jnieuw
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 38
Joined: October 2017

Re: Toon 1 keeps rebooting (5.46.4)

Postby jnieuw » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:48 am

For those interested; Toon is still very responive and did not have any reboot the last 10 days...

But:

Current values:
Mem: 119148K used, 7048K free, 248K shrd, 0K buff, 35856K cached
CPU: 8.3% usr 8.3% sys 0.0% nic 83.3% idle 0.0% io 0.0% irq 0.0% sirq
Load average: 0.09 0.12 0.14 1/99 10304


Looks like the free memory still decreases, maybe a memory leak somewhere?
Will keep an eye on it.
jnieuw
Starting Member
Starting Member
 
Posts: 38
Joined: October 2017


Return to Toon issues and support (Nederlands toegestaan)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest