Rooted Toon running 4.19.10

If your (rooted) Toon doesn't do what it's supposed to, post here. Dutch allowed / Posten in 't Nederlands toegestaan.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

brommetje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Rooted Toon running 4.19.10

Post by brommetje »

Hi I'm a beginner and new to this forum and rooted my Toon (Toon1) friday, I have to say this was not easy to do but it works. I can logon with SSH now.
My Toon was running 4.19.10 so I still have to change a lot of files described under viewforum.php?f=100 Manuals/Tutorials
The problem now is that most of the files doesn't exist anymore or is a part of other files I think, for example :
/HCBv2/qml/apps/internetSettings/InternetSettingsApp.qml or qmf_project.xml or hcb_project.xml

So my suggestion is can I install the resources-qb2-<firmware version number 4.19.10>.zip and install the update-rooted.sh script from github.com/IgorYbema/update-rooted/blob ... -rooted.sh and run it? What happens when the script doesn't find the files?
I don't want to brick my Toon, then I think my wife is killing me :?
I attach a file with a find of all the files on my Toon.

Does any one has a suggestion or how to continue, I'm a little bit confused?

Thanks already.
Attachments
files op de TOON voor zoek acties.zip
All files on my Toon
(81.06 KiB) Downloaded 363 times
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Rooted Toon running 4.19.10

Post by TerrorSource »

You can install the resource files manually or just run the update-rooted script with -f parameter. -f will fix all the needed for you.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

And indeed the rooting manual needs major maintenance. It is still written in the pre 4.16 area with no resource files present
Member of the Toon Software Collective
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

brommetje wrote: So my suggestion is can I install the resources-qb2-<firmware version number 4.19.10>.zip and install the update-rooted.sh script from github.com/IgorYbema/update-rooted/blob ... -rooted.sh and run it? What happens when the script doesn't find the files?
I don't want to brick my Toon, then I think my wife is killing me :?
First of all the Toon consist of two major compontents:
- the linux OS
- the QT (GUI) environment (everything in /qmf/qml, /HCBv2 and the /usr/bin/startqt file)

As long as you don't break the linux OS you can always recover the second part (QT). Breaking the linux OS is possible but that would mean changing/removing files which you would normally not touch. QT, if broken, is easily fixed by installing the proper resource files. If you might delete the resource file or install it wrong you would only see that the Toon screen will not start however SSH will still work. Nine out of ten issue's with a not working Toon is about the QT not starting properly.

And indeed, the update script with option -f will fix a lot of stuff for you (if it makes any sense).
Member of the Toon Software Collective
brommetje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by brommetje »

Thanks all for the quick response will try the update script ASAP and let you all know if it works this way.
brommetje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by brommetje »

Hi all after running the update script 3.33 "update-rooted.sh -f" everything is working fine now.
Thanks all.

Return to “Toon issues and support (Nederlands toegestaan)”