Change Radiator type

If your (rooted) Toon doesn't do what it's supposed to, post here. Dutch allowed / Posten in 't Nederlands toegestaan.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Change Radiator type

Post by TheHogNL »

No this is NOT possible in the GUI. As I said earlier this change in the scsync file is for district heating only. Not for boilers.
<HeatDisplay>1</HeatDisplay> change this digit to (zero) put my toon to opentherm. change it back to (one) it sets my toon to verwarming.
i know that this option can be set within the gui but that does not work in my toon.
So incorrect. Changing to 0 will set your Toon in boiler mode (allowing opentherm and aan/uit). Changing this to 1 sets your Toon in district heating mode which will probably disable opentherm and the whole ketelmodule. Changing this value to 1 is only necessary if you really know what you are doing.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
alcomys
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by alcomys »

TheHogNL wrote:No this is NOT possible in the GUI. As I said earlier this change in the scsync file is for district heating only. Not for boilers.
<HeatDisplay>1</HeatDisplay> change this digit to (zero) put my toon to opentherm. change it back to (one) it sets my toon to verwarming.
i know that this option can be set within the gui but that does not work in my toon.
So incorrect. Changing to 0 will set your Toon in boiler mode (allowing opentherm and aan/uit). Changing this to 1 sets your Toon in district heating mode which will probably disable opentherm and the whole ketelmodule. Changing this value to 1 is only necessary if you really know what you are doing.
okay if thats true that you told, than tell me why i cannot change to on/off or opentherm in the gui ?
when i change the value back to zero my boiler is in opentherm mode and still cannot change that to an other setting.
also my boiler does not heat when back to zero.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

alcomys wrote: okay if thats true that you told, than tell me why i cannot change to on/off or opentherm in the gui ?
when i change the value back to zero my boiler is in opentherm mode and still cannot change that to an other setting.
also my boiler does not heat when back to zero.
If that setting is on 1 your toon is in district heating mode and then the opentherm/aanuit switch isn't shown.
Only if the settings is 0 (default value) your toon is set to boiler mode and then that switch appears again and you should able to switch to openthermor or aan/uit. Switching to opentherm requires you to press the 'refresh' button next to the switch. Switch to aan/uit requires you to select aan/uit.

And if you boiler still isn't working, contact your boiler service engineer please.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Also check here: https://www.toon.nl/service/faq/werking ... -cv-ketel/

That screen should be visible if that heating value is 0 in the scsync.

That screen would allow you to switch between opentherm and aan/uit.
alcomys
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by alcomys »

TheHogNL wrote:Also check here: https://www.toon.nl/service/faq/werking ... -cv-ketel/

That screen should be visible if that heating value is 0 in the scsync.

That screen would allow you to switch between opentherm and aan/uit.
i have that screen yes.
when i push the refresh button i still cannot change to opentherm /aan/uit
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

If you press the refresh button the Toon will try to detect if you have opentherm. If it thinks opentherm works it will put the bullet to the left (pointing to opentherm).
To switch it back to aan/uit you don't use the refresh button. You must manually choose 'aan/uit'. But at random times, or during reboot, the toon will try to detect opentherm again and will/can switch back to opentherm.

Can you maybe make a small youtube video while touch the buttons? Then I can understand better what you mean.
alcomys
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by alcomys »

TheHogNL wrote:If you press the refresh button the Toon will try to detect if you have opentherm. If it thinks opentherm works it will put the bullet to the left (pointing to opentherm).
To switch it back to aan/uit you don't use the refresh button. You must manually choose 'aan/uit'. But at random times, or during reboot, the toon will try to detect opentherm again and will/can switch back to opentherm.

Can you maybe make a small youtube video while touch the buttons? Then I can understand better what you mean.
for the time now, the gui shows me the bullet is pointing to aan/uit. and you cannot change to opentherm but one problem is solved that my boiler is working now at aan/uit.
i did not changed something but it works.
the only thing is that i cannot change the bullet by hand. but my benraad 24ci cannot OT so i leave it for now on aan/uit.
maybe someone comes with an solution later.

Thanks TheHogNL for the help you did.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Glad it works now. Remember that changing to opentherm requires an automatic check of the toon (this is what the refresh button does). You can't manually change it to opentherm.

So, now your boiler is set to aan/uit and also the cables are on the aan/uit pins this would be ok. Just don't focus to much on opentherm. It is not magic. If you want to save some energy just lower the 'aanvoer temperatuur' in the boiler. 60 to 70 is often enough, only if you have a very old house with low isolation you need 80 to 90 degrees.
alcomys
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by alcomys »

TheHogNL wrote:Glad it works now. Remember that changing to opentherm requires an automatic check of the toon (this is what the refresh button does). You can't manually change it to opentherm.

So, now your boiler is set to aan/uit and also the cables are on the aan/uit pins this would be ok. Just don't focus to much on opentherm. It is not magic. If you want to save some energy just lower the 'aanvoer temperatuur' in the boiler. 60 to 70 is often enough, only if you have a very old house with low isolation you need 80 to 90 degrees.
Youre right , i did set the aanvoer temeperatuur to 60 degrees it was on 85 degrees so i think i will save some gas now.
:)

Return to “Toon issues and support (Nederlands toegestaan)”