Rooted Toon stuck in install mode

If your (rooted) Toon doesn't do what it's supposed to, post here. Dutch allowed / Posten in 't Nederlands toegestaan.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Rooted Toon stuck in install mode

Post by marcelr »

Yep, that bit hasn't changed since FW 1.9.10.
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

@robgeerts
Did you try the "toon" ssh password?

If that doesnt work, it needs to be re-rooted.
You can contact me via PM if you want me to do it for you.
WickedMaster

Post by WickedMaster »

Yes, SSH should still work. If PuTTY refuses the connection to Toon, it means that the port is blocked on the Toon (default setting). By performing a factory reset, the firewall settings remain untouched. That's why I doubt that this Toon was rooted before. Another possibility is that your VPN-connection to the Eneco servers wasn't killed and you did an official firmware update.
robgeerts
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by robgeerts »

TerrorSource wrote:@robgeerts

Well, it couldnt even connect to the ip, in my case 192.168.1.10 (is the right IP, tested with the api-calls).
WickedMaster wrote:Yes, SSH should still work. If PuTTY refuses the connection to Toon, it means that the port is blocked on the Toon (default setting). By performing a factory reset, the firewall settings remain untouched. That's why I doubt that this Toon was rooted before. Another possibility is that your VPN-connection to the Eneco servers wasn't killed and you did an official firmware update.
"That's why I doubt that this Toon was rooted before."
If it wasnt rooted, i couldnt use de appstore and create the Dashticz-app for it.
No firmware update, at least, not that I know of, unless it automatically updated when i did 'factory reset'.
But in that case it should have connected to ServiceCenter in the setup-screens.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

robgeerts wrote:
TerrorSource wrote:@robgeerts

Well, it couldnt even connect to the ip, in my case 192.168.1.10 (is the right IP, tested with the api-calls).
WickedMaster wrote:Yes, SSH should still work. If PuTTY refuses the connection to Toon, it means that the port is blocked on the Toon (default setting). By performing a factory reset, the firewall settings remain untouched. That's why I doubt that this Toon was rooted before. Another possibility is that your VPN-connection to the Eneco servers wasn't killed and you did an official firmware update.
"That's why I doubt that this Toon was rooted before."
If it wasnt rooted, i couldnt use de appstore and create the Dashticz-app for it.
No firmware update, at least, not that I know of, unless it automatically updated when i did 'factory reset'.
But in that case it should have connected to ServiceCenter in the setup-screens.
Still weird. The TSC script (most recent version 1.71 from jan 24th ) opens the firewall on port 22 always (so, in the event the firewall is overwritten you still have access). See here: https://github.com/IgorYbema/tscSetting ... r/tsc#L187

But it doesn't work for you so something strange happened. You now need serial access and check what is going on. Don't you know someone with a Raspberri Pi?
Member of the Toon Software Collective
robgeerts
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by robgeerts »

TheHogNL wrote: Still weird. The TSC script (most recent version 1.71 from jan 24th ) opens the firewall on port 22 always (so, in the event the firewall is overwritten you still have access). See here: https://github.com/IgorYbema/tscSetting ... r/tsc#L187

But it doesn't work for you so something strange happened. You now need serial access and check what is going on. Don't you know someone with a Raspberri Pi?
I have an old raspberry pi...

EDIT: tested again, now im able to login... (somehow the wrong port was used)
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

robgeerts wrote:

Each raspberry pi can work as a serial interface to your toon. But yeah.. not necessary anymore. Have fun :-)
robgeerts
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by robgeerts »

TheHogNL wrote:
robgeerts wrote:

Each raspberry pi can work as a serial interface to your toon. But yeah.. not necessary anymore. Have fun :-)
with the upgrade script, can i go to 4.22.7 or 5? (im on 4.8.25 now)
EDIT: I have chosen 4.22.7 first....
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

Directly to highest version is possible.. we first thought some updates where mandatory but it isn't. However updating from, for example, 2.* to 5.* takes a long time and a lot of diskspace. If you have too much custom files installed on a 2.* toon your update will probably fail.

Return to “Toon issues and support (Nederlands toegestaan)”