Using TigerVN results into "Out of memory" error

If your (rooted) Toon doesn't do what it's supposed to, post here. Dutch allowed / Posten in 't Nederlands toegestaan.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

HenkDeTank
Starting Member
Starting Member

Using TigerVN results into "Out of memory" error

Post by HenkDeTank »

Hi all,

I've tried to setup x11vnc and connect to it using TigerVNC. Once I start the server, I can see the port, etc.
When I try to connect to it using TigerVNC, I get a couple of warnings about certificates, so it is able to at least connect with it.

However, I immediately get the following error from TigerVNC:
Authentication failure: Out of memory

I have a Toon 1 running the latest firmware and latest x11vnc and I have no only a couple of custom apps running (ToonStore and mobile access), so it's kind of hard to believe the fact that Toon is actually out of memory.

I've been searching for this specific error on Google, but I can just literally find nothing about it.

Does anyone else have experience with this issue?

marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Using TigerVN results into "Out of memory" error

Post by marcelr »

You can check by issueing the "top" command in a shell, while you run tigervnc. One of the top lines in the shell will show the memory usage, updating every three seconds or thereabouts.
HenkDeTank
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by HenkDeTank »

Thanks. I can see that around 118 MB has been used and only 8 MB is still available. This is kind of odd since I only have literally nothing really interesting running. Using the TSC settings I have turned off all the toggles. I have only the ToonStore, mobile access and one custom developed app (which is only showing one tile and fetches some data once every ten minutes). How can I free up some memory?
marcelr
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by marcelr »

You can't. Toon's GUI is very memory-hungry. Having only 8MB available is not uncommon. x11vnc eats away another few MB, so that's what you have to live with.
Toonz
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Toonz »

what you can do is disable unused internal apps via the TSC menu. This will free up some memory.
member of the Toon Software Collective

Return to “Toon issues and support (Nederlands toegestaan)”