cant log in via ssh

If your (rooted) Toon doesn't do what it's supposed to, post here. Dutch allowed / Posten in 't Nederlands toegestaan.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

kevinvantuyl
Starting Member
Starting Member

cant log in via ssh

Post by kevinvantuyl »

hi,

i have a rooted toon and have done a "factory reset" (probebly should not have done this).
Now im stuck with a "insert activation code" message.
i have tried to login trough putty but i have no luck. probebly im a noob in doing this. can someone help me telling me in mickey mouse language how to log in and get rid of this activation code?

many thanks,

kevin
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: cant log in via ssh

Post by TheHogNL »

You first need to login with SSH (for example using putty) to the IP address of the Toon (IP address which you can find in the Toon menu).
If that doesn't work anymore you need to root it again. Just running factory default will never lose SSH access though, so there is something else wrong.
Member of the Toon Software Collective
TerrorSource
Administrator
Administrator

Post by TerrorSource »

kevinvantuyl wrote:hi,

i have a rooted toon and have done a "factory reset" (probebly should not have done this).
i have tried to login trough putty but i have no luck. probebly im a noob in doing this. can someone help me telling me in mickey mouse language how to log in and get rid of this activation code?

many thanks,

kevin
You already told me that you found the password and you could connect to the toon right?
If you, download the update-rooted.sh file to the Toon and run “sh update-rooted.sh -a” to activate, reboot afterwards.
kevinvantuyl
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by kevinvantuyl »

TerrorSource wrote:
kevinvantuyl wrote:hi,

many thanks,

kevin
You already told me that you found the password and you could connect to the toon right?
If you, download the update-rooted.sh file to the Toon and run “sh update-rooted.sh -a” to activate, reboot afterwards.
i found the sticker on the backside of toon, and enabled te activation of toon. thanks for your help

Return to “Toon issues and support (Nederlands toegestaan)”