Toon's temperature stuck until wake-up

If your (rooted) Toon doesn't do what it's supposed to, post here. Dutch allowed / Posten in 't Nederlands toegestaan.

Moderators: marcelr, TheHogNL, Toonz

Luc_S
Starting Member
Starting Member

Toon's temperature stuck until wake-up

Post by Luc_S »

Hi all, I got this strange problem that appeared during the hot days in Holland. I guess it's a Toon issue and not so much a problem caused by rooting the device but I hoped someone here can help me out.

When my Toon1 is in sleep mode and I open up all the windows in my living room to drop the temperature the Toon doesn't always picks up on the temperature decrease. When I wake up the Toon the temperature drops 1 to 1.5 degrees instantly to increase it a few moments later to the actual correct temperature.

So for example when I get home my living room is about 25.5 degrees:
I open up all the windows >>> After 10 to 15 minutes it's still 25.5 degrees on my Toon >>> I wake him up, after 10-20 seconds it shows 24.1 degrees >>> then after 20-30 seconds it shows 25.2 degrees and it's measurement is correct again.

The temperature drop is pretty consistant and also occurs when I wake up the Toon without having a temperature change (then it just flies back to the temperature it had before it woke up).

I already rebooted and disconnected the CV module for over a minute but this didn't solve the issue. Anyone an idea?
Darkje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Toon's temperature stuck until wake-up

Post by Darkje »

Same issue on this end.
TheHogNL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by TheHogNL »

What do you mean with 'wake-up'?
Member of the Toon Software Collective
Luc_S
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Luc_S »

When the Toon is in sleep-colors (black/white), tapping on the screen for activating controls. That's what I see as 'wake up' :)

I didn't count on others having this strange issue because I couldn't find anything about it. Altough I must say it's a real pain to Google this problem with search terms like 'Toon', 'stuck', 'temperature', etc. It does seem to be 'a thing' then if I'm not the only one.

Some additional info:
Toon 1 with version 5.5.7
Latest tweak done is manually providing kWh and M3 prices to fix monthly usage graphs as per topic domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=97& ... 412#p90620
Custom apps:
- Buienradar
- Afvalwijzer
- Home Assistant controller

Return to “Toon issues and support (Nederlands toegestaan)”