Help in software choice

Pop your questions regarding Home automation software here.....
vincenttor

Re: Help in software choice

Post by vincenttor »

yes you are right , but probably because many people have seen domotics or a similar controller they expect a bit more graphics at a program that can cost up to 600 usd.
I personally at the begin thought what is this for old stuff, but then after 30 min i found out how to make screens with the hstouch and indeed its just a setup with all your sensors in it.
Using hstouch you can make it like you have in mind, if you are good with graphics i must add ;)
But some photoshop tutorials that you can find on youtube make things allot easier.
nico_gh2

Post by nico_gh2 »

Homeseeer can often be bought at a 50% price reduction during sales, watch out for the USA National holidays and events !
stefxx
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by stefxx »

They do have discounts often, but 50% is only around the Black Friday period (in November) if I recall correctly.
strips
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by strips »

AshaiRey wrote:Why are people making such a drama of the 'old' looks of HS2 or even HS3 sometimes? Those are settings screen to setup your system. It's not something you have to do for hours every day. Over here there are no screens or anything else in the house give shows that the house is automated. The house just responds to my behavior. In fact i am the interface. I don't like to be the butler for an automated house. The house should just serve me in a natural way.
Looks would not have bothered me if it was super intuitive. The few days I tried it I wasn't impressed. When it looks both old and is a bit messy to use I will go try something else. Maybe it's super intuitive for other people and when you get into it its great.
strips
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by strips »

I just bought a Fibaro HC2 and in regards of UI it blows all other away! In 30 minutes I had created all the rooms and floors, added a few wall plugs and a multisensor. Created simple temperature control with one wall plug and the multisensor. All this was super simple to figure out without as much as a single google. I liked the Virtual Thermostat function on Zipato better than having to create two "scenes" to turn wall plug on and off but I will eventually use z-wave thermostats for heating anyways.

I have 30 days to test the HC2 and will get my money back if I do not want it. I decided to try this before going for HS3 again.

The only real downside for the HC2 is lack of 433MHz devices. I will look into using Domoticz or any other way of exposing the RFXCOM on HTTP. In the end I had planned to move to z-wave only and I might have to do that sooner than later :) But it would be nice to be able to recieve oregon weather devices.
vanisher

Post by vanisher »

Any update on this @Strips?

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”