capturing DS2423 counter data

Pop your questions regarding Home automation software here.....
Rob_w
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Rob_w »

Hello,

I realise that this may be a somewhat stupid question but I'll give it a go anyway.
I have a small 1-wire network with a variety of sensors and so. Including the ds2423 counter. I want to use it in combination with a IR-light barrier to "watch" the kWh meter disk. The counter works fine.
I can read the counter values by using the counter viewer made by aagelectronica. However I would like to automate this. I've seen lots of program codes on this forum but I don't really understand those. I need a simple piece of software that reads the value of the counter and places that value in an exel sheet or in a text file.

My programming skills are extremely limited but I hope that you can help me with this.

Many thanks in advance!

Rob.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Hi Rob,

I know there's a software tool around that can do DDE and file logging and that supports 1-Wire devices.
I have been playing with this around 2 years ago, in combination with an OPC server.
No programming skills needed, just create a .ini file and off you go!

It's called OneSix DDE Server and you can find it here: http://www.pointsix.com/cgi-bin/PointSix.cgi?Onesix_DDE
(don't mind the talk about wireless, it can do 1-Wire for sure)

If this doesn't help you, just say so, cause i'm sure there must be more than 1 way to fix your problem.

Regards,
Digit.
Rob_w
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Rob_w »

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.
The software doesn't seem to be downloadeble at the site you gave me, but with a little help from google I managed to find it here : http://txwx.com/downloads/onesixsetup.zip
However, after downloading and installing the program seems to hang every time I try to run it. I will have a closer look at it in the morning. Perhaps a reboot of my system helps.

I hope I can get it going. After a quick look at the site and the maual it definately seems to be what I'm looking for.
Meanwhile, if anyone has more or other suggestions, I would be happy to read them.

Thanks,
Rob.

-edit-
It seems that the software isn't compatible with the DS9490 usb adapter..
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Rob,

Bad luck... It works great with a serial adapter; and since i have version 1.6 and you have version 2.1 of OneSix, i don't think i can help you any further with that.

Regards,
Digit.
Rob_w
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Rob_w »

Hello Digit,

I'll see if I can get my hands on a serial adapter. Eventually I'll want to hook it up to my server so it may just as well be serial.

Meanwhile I'm still open for other suggestions..

Greetings,
Rob.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Rob,

I just sent you an email. [:)]

Robert.

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”