Address programming tool for micro modules?

Pop your questions regarding Home automation software here.....
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by MindBender »

Does anybody know which software can be used to program addresses and option into micro modules using a common CM11 computer interface?

The manual states explicitly it cannot be done using a CM11 interface. But I have managed to do it by means of a simple RS-232 protocol debugger tool, so it's surely possible. Now before I start building my own little tool, I'd like to know if anybody went ahead and already wrote such a tool, or integrated such functionality it a complete package.

Yeah, I know; I could just buy a remote control and a RF receive, but I don't have any further use for that, so I'd rather use software instead.
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by MindBender »

My tool is nearing its completion. And yes, buying a remote would have been much more efficient than spending three beautiful days behind my computer, but what fun would that be?

Anyway, I'm looking for alpha testers. Post here if you're willing to participate.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Hi,
Tell us more about it for example what language it's written in etc. I would be glad to alpha test it
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by MindBender »

It's a simple tool which allows you to program micro modules, both Marmitek and Xanura, using a CM11 or compatible interface.

You can easily select the typ of module you'd like to program and it automatically enables the checkboxes of the programmable fuctions of this type of module. Just fill out the address, select the functions you want enabled and press the 'program' button. The tool will do the rest. Though the module must be in programming mode, of course.

The program is a Win32 application, using standard Microsoft Foundation Classes. It's written in C (of course), with parts of it in C++ because of the user interface. Though the C++ part is minimized because C++ is a sollution looking for a problem.

The program is capable of setting the CM11 clock and flushing incomming events, because it's locked up for new requests if its clock's not set or if it wants to report an event. Future expansions will include logging these events and simple X10 tests to check if programming has succeeded.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Sounds great and would help a lot, If I want to program my X10/A10 devices with anything out of the ordinairy its always difficult to do. Let me know when I can test, or better put it on the forum if you want more alpha testers
Thanks
remcok01
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by remcok01 »

Mindbender,

Do you have the tool available yet? Just needed to setup my first module...

Thanks,
Remco.
xray77
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by xray77 »

Is there already anything known about mindbender's program ?
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

I'm anxious to, it already a long time ago... is it finished or testable?
Regards Pieter
MindBender
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by MindBender »

If anybody is interested in finishing it, I'd be more than happy to supply the source code and the Visual Studio project. It's written in C. The program works, but the serial port used is hard-coded, so you can only chance it if you recompile the code.

I will probably abandon this project myself because I have switched to Linux for this project.
lombrano
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by lombrano »

MindBender,

I need to program some xanura module using the "hail hacknoledge" command which my remote cannot transmit, so I'm looking for a software which is able to send such a command usng cm11. Can you help me sending your software or pointing me in the right direction ? Thanks a lot for your help
Antonio
Stevexyz

Post by Stevexyz »

Antonio,

Do you need it for Linux or Windows?

Steve
lombrano
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by lombrano »

Steve, actually I'm using OSX, so perhaps a linux program could work. I've also got a windows machine, so I can use both.
Antonio
Stevexyz

Post by Stevexyz »

This compiles on my Linux machine http://sourceforge.net/projects/ppower/files/ If you can compile things then it might work under OSX.
There's a command-line utility that comes with ActiveHome on the CM11 CD but I believe it only handles on off and dim/brighten. I found this http://www.easyx10.com/ but I have no idea whether it can handle a "hail acknowledge".
You can do it manually with a serial terminal emulator like minicom, but it's a bit messy.

Steve
Stevexyz

Post by Stevexyz »

Mustn't forget heyu of course: http://www.heyu.org/

This works under OSX, but I can't see a binary executable so again you'd have to compile it.

Steve

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”