iui issue

Pop your questions regarding Home automation software here.....
Kroonen

iui issue

Post by Kroonen »

Hi,

I'm using iui to make a page for my domotica.

Now i'm trying to get the on/off buttons to work
I have the code below, but how can I execute a shell script with it? some with onclik?? But does it require javascript, and how kan i just simple let execute a shell script?

<div id="phone" class="panel" title="X10">
<fieldset>
<div class="row">
<label>Buitenverlichting</label>
<div class="toggle" onclick="" toggled="true"> <span class="thumb"></span><span class="toggleOn">ON</span><span class="toggleOff"$
</div>
<div class="row">
<label>Kamer</label>
<div class="toggle" onclick="" toggled="true"><span class="thumb"></span><span class="toggleOn">ON</span><span class="toggleOff">$
</div>
</fieldset>
</div>
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: iui issue

Post by Rene »

You are lucky I know IUI, but you should have been more specific formulating your question. I think the majority of the members do not have a glue what you are talking about. IUI is a javascript library for the iPhone which makes it possible to create a webbased GUI in iPhone style. To trigger the execution of a shell script by the on/off button you have to assign an event handler to this event (pressing the on/off button) which in turn requests an URL, using AJAX preferably. This URL request is then handled by Homeseer which executes a shell script. All in all, a bit to complicated if you are not a programmer.

You could have a look at the interface I created a while ago based on IUI (here). It has been a while since I looked at at. BTW Have a look at JQTouch.
Rene.
Kroonen

Post by Kroonen »

René

I don't use homeseer, so I want to execute within it an php or Shell script that is already on the server

Posted with TouchBB on my iPod touch
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: iui issue

Post by Rene »

The principle is the same. You could still use the scripts I posted. The javascript code calls an ASPX page, but this could easily be a PHP page.
Rene.

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”