MPEG-4 file format

Pop your questions regarding Home automation software here.....
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

MPEG-4 file format

Post by Digit »

I have an IP camera that i can only use with IE and a OCX or with an windows executable. The latter is just to horrible to look at, and i don't want to use the OCX.
I've already found out how to get a mpeg4 stream from the camera, but unfortunately it can't be played with VLC media player or any other player.
It seems the stream contains unsupported metadata which makes the media players unwilling to play the stream.

So all there's left to do is capture the stream and filter out this metadata myself; for that i'm searching for detailed information about the MPEG-4 file format, so that i can do the filtering and write the filtered stream to disk or whatever...

Searches have only led me to global descriptions or sites where you have to pay for the ISO documents... :(
Who can help me plz?
TANE
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: MPEG-4 file format

Post by TANE »

Hope it's not a IP camera from Chine..called Vison or so..
Enver Tanriverdi | http://blog.tane.nl
steve2xyz
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by steve2xyz »

Maybe there's something useful in libmpeg4ip?
http://www.debian-multimedia.org/dists/ ... ip-dev.php

Steve
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Steve,
That was my 2nd option to try; searching code for mpeg4. :)
I hope it's not to hard to find what i'm looking for, cause if it takes to much time, the camera is not worth it...
But I'll give it a try, thanks.
hero_hont
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by hero_hont »

Digit wrote:I have an IP camera that i can only use with IE and a OCX or with an windows executable. The latter is just to horrible to look at, and i don't want to use the OCX.
I've already found out how to get a mpeg4 stream from the camera, but unfortunately it can't be played with VLC media player or any other player.
It seems the stream contains unsupported metadata which makes the media players unwilling to play the stream.

So all there's left to do is capture the stream and filter out this metadata myself; for that i'm searching for detailed information about the MPEG-4 file format, so that i can do the filtering and write the filtered stream to disk or whatever...

Searches have only led me to global descriptions or sites where you have to pay for the ISO documents... :(
Who can help me plz?
hih you..
I think you can change from mpeg4 to mp4 you can use softwareTotal Video Converter.
It can change:
* H.264 TS, Mpeg-2 TS, WMV-HD, MKV-HD, DivX-HD, Divx-HD, MOV-HD, FLV-HD and MP4-HD.
* MPEG audio(.mp3, mp2)
* Ms WAV (.wav)
* Ms WMA (.wma)
* OGG (.ogg)
* Amr audio (.amr)
* AC3 (.ac3)
* SUN AU (.au)
* m4a (mp4 audio)
* aac (aac audio)
* mmf (mmf audio)
* Flac (flac audio).after you can lister or see video, music VLC media or or any other player.
wishes your success

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”