Which software for KNX?

Pop your questions regarding Home automation software here.....
brononi
Starting Member
Starting Member

Which software for KNX?

Post by brononi »

I recently started to install a domotica system, based on knx (ABB)...

But when i started to build up, i learned that you can't configure the input and output modules like that.
You need extra software to do this. My distributor told me that i need ETS. And when i search for this, the prices aren't cheap. And that to get my hardware up and running?

Can anybody help me out with this?
Are the alternatives for this?

The idea is that i will install a server who manage all functions (linuxMCE), but this is for in a couple of months.
Today, i just want that my lights turn on when i push a button... :$
Post-IT

Re: Which software for KNX?

Post by Post-IT »

ETS is indeed the usual programming software, and yes is it expensive. I know there are some cheaper and more limited versions available. You'll have to take a look on the KNX website to see the differences. It mostly depends on amount of components.
I bought my new version of ETS4 Pro a few weeks back for €500,- through an introduction discount through the KNX-user-forum.de I'm not sure if you can still get the €400 discount.

If you are setting up an ABB Powernet setup, you can download the free Power-project 4.5 software from the ABB or Busch-Jaeger website. You be able to setup all basic components and KNX parameters using that software.

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”