MediaPortal

Pop your questions regarding Home automation software here.....
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

MediaPortal

Post by Snelvuur »

http://www.team-mediaportal.com/screenshots/catid,17/

Anyone using mediaportal?

As some point i have to replace my xbox (xbmc) with something new. Mediaportal looks really nice, and it should be the windows version of xbmc sort off. Anyone has a setup with this?

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Lempens

MediaPortal

Post by Lempens »

They have realy nice skin screenshots of the program.

Still nobody using it ? They have X10 support.
Rene
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

MediaPortal

Post by Rene »

I use mediaportal for some time now, running it on a Mac Mini. However, I do not have it integrated with my X10 stuff. I do not see any advantage controlling my lights via the TV when I have a webpad and and an X10 remote. I do not use the TV (live and recording) functionality of mediaportal because I have a server in the garage running linux and mythtv which is used for this purpose (except live TV). I once started to write a plugin for mediaportal to interface with mythtv, however after I got the TVGuide and watching the recordings working and a lot of trouble getting the live TV functionality working I didn't spent any more time on it. Lately I have been looking at XBMC of OSX but this was still very buggy.

Rene.
Lempens

MediaPortal

Post by Lempens »

Maybe someone uses it with his Touchscreen.
Andro

MediaPortal

Post by Andro »

I use mediaportal. But not for watching tv, only for the series I download.
Andro

MediaPortal

Post by Andro »

After reading the above statement I think I should have said a bit more.

I have been using mediaportal for some time now. I have my main computer in the living room and also use it as a mediacenter. With a macro I can switch the output to my lcd screen instead of the computer monitor. Mediaportal works ok, esspecially the lastest version.

I am not using the tv server or plugin provided by Mediaportal. After I bought the Samsung HD-TV decoder I found that it provides a far better picture for tv then my firedtv card. So I use it for movies and series I download. The plug-in provided for it work perfectly and it gives a very nice interface.

I never really got around to using the x10 plugins. The computer running the mediacenter is not the same as the homeseer pc. Also I never have the urge to integrate that in the mediacenter since it is only used for specific functions (series and movies). I also use the harmony remote wich has some of the main domotica functions on it. So really no need to use that plug-in.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

MediaPortal

Post by Snelvuur »

have you tried xbmc for windows? since the first post, this has come out.

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Andro

MediaPortal

Post by Andro »

no.. never tried it. Mediaportal works fine for my needs.

Return to “Questions & Discussions Forum”