Home Automation Solutions/Platforms in Europe.

Forum about other Home automation topics which can not be categorized in any other forum. So this needs to be Home automation Domotica related! (otherwise use Off Topic)
mmzm
Starting Member
Starting Member

Home Automation Solutions/Platforms in Europe.

Post by mmzm »

Hello Dear Forum memebers,
I am writing a paper on home automation. Could you please share some companies names that offer their platforms for home owners for smart homes: e.g. Inim in Italy or DigiLife of ATT. I would really be thankful for your help. Thank you.

Mika.
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Home Automation Solutions/Platforms in Europe.

Post by Phaeton »

Is it that hard to Google?

Plugwise and homewizard in the netherlands

Now for the rest: go and earn your grades yourself ;)
groeten,
Harry
mmzm
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mmzm »

Thank you Phaeton. As i am now in Australia, unfortunately google does not return me many results for my search, thus I posted here. I appreciate you taking time to reply. Thank you.
ThinkPad

Post by ThinkPad »

KlikAanKlikUit also has something, have a look at the ICS-1000. But it isn't very advanced.

I use Domoticz myself, it is domotica software. Can be ran on various platforms, Raspberry Pi, Linux, Windows, etc. Is made by a Dutch guy, 'gizmocuz'.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Hi Mika,

Home Automation or (Home) Remote Control solutions?

Home Automation is things like:
- automatically switching on (if needed) heavy machinery like washing machines, dryers when the solar panels are producing enough energy;
- the house automatically going to some sort of 'eco' mode when nobody's @ home;
- automatically controlling things based on weather conditions;
- (anything you'd like the platform to do, use your own creativity to think of what should be possible to make a home smarter)

Remote Control is like:
- controlling lights and whatever from your smartphone/tablet. Your home can still be as "un-smart" as it was before to accomplish this...

The reason for my comment is that in the end you'll see that most of the cheaper solutions are more RC-like then real HA.
So, IMHO, first you'll have to define some criteria on what Home Automation is about, real Home Automation.
I think that a set of good criteria will greatly shorten your list of HA systems :wink:

Return to “Miscellaneous Home Automation topics”