Zipato ZipaBox unfinished product

Forum about other Home automation topics which can not be categorized in any other forum. So this needs to be Home automation Domotica related! (otherwise use Off Topic)
strips
Starting Member
Starting Member

Zipato ZipaBox unfinished product

Post by strips »

I have now tried the ZipaBox for two weeks and will return it to the store. This is a piece of unfinished product with lousy support. I filed two support requests one week ago and have not recieved an answer yet. One of them was marked urgent.

I created a topic in their forum that was written in frustration and they censored it. Making it invisible for anyone else to see.

Their new UI looks great and is fast, snappy and is all the Vera UI7 is not. But it is buggy and not finished. Software has not reach version 1 yet. So I felt I bought an alpha release where the design isn't quite finished yet. It has a great potential but I would avoid it for the moment.

Having used Domoticz and VeraEdge (is my main box for the moment) I have found Z-Wave controller manufacturers a bit ridiculous in how they create and maintain software.

I'll probably try a Fibaro HC2 next.

Return to “Miscellaneous Home Automation topics”