[Informative] Washingmachine ready DeLuxe or WAF to the MAX

Forum about other Home automation topics which can not be categorized in any other forum. So this needs to be Home automation Domotica related! (otherwise use Off Topic)
AshaiRey

[Informative] Washingmachine ready DeLuxe or WAF to the MAX

Post by AshaiRey »

In my quest for the ulitmate laundry ready notification setup i think i have stretched it to the max, including the WAF.

This is what i wanted to accomplish.
Get an alarm and a announcement by speaker that will tell me that the washingmachine is ready.
That was rather straight forward and this is what i use for this task http://domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=8008

Now the wet laundry can go two ways.
First it can go into the dryer. If so then i want to have also for the dryer an alarm and an announcement by speaker that will tell me that the dryer is ready. I use the same mathode as above for this one.

I don't want those announcement nagging me the whole time so then must do it it once and thats it.
This is accomplished by using different values for different states instead of just ON/OFF

However at sunny days the wet laundry can also go outside. What to do about that?
Well, i've made an extra event that checks if the washingmachine have done its job and it doesn't mind that the washing machine is running again or not. The event also checks if the dryer is started within 40 minutes. If not then the wet laundry apperently went outside to dry (or still is in the washingmachine for that matter)

Now i have determined that the laundry is hanging outside i want it to get dry and not getting it more wet because of possible rain. At this point a great script from Alexander kicks in, named neerslag monitor http://domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=7066
This script will give you a prediction of the amount of rain to be expected at your location in steps of 5 minutes. By combining these two i've setup an event that will check if there is rain expected in 15 minutes. If so then there will be an announcement/alarm and you will have enough time to get your laundry inside again.

There is one thing i still thinking of and that is to find some way to test if the laundry that hangs outside is dry. Maybe by attaching a THGR810 Humidity Sensor to the bottom of the largest piece of clothing. Still have to test that but it will close the whole cycle if it works. This is still in testing fase for me.

It is running now for 2 months without a problem and my wife is very pleased with it.
If there is any need for more details or screenshots of the events/devices then let me know and i will post them here. (not sure if anyone reads this anyway)
Bram
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: [Informative] Washingmachine ready DeLuxe or WAF to the MAX

Post by Phaeton »

Really nice!
groeten,
Harry
DJF3
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DJF3 »

Nice,
Would love to see screenshots.
Thank you for sharing!
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

Oke here the are.

These are the device that i use.
dv1.png
dv1.png (6.05 KiB) Viewed 7108 times
dv2.png
dv2.png (3.19 KiB) Viewed 7108 times
And these are the events
Note: ZMC is my media center pluginj that can also do the announcements. You can replace that with hs.speak
event3.png
event3.png (47.29 KiB) Viewed 7108 times
event4.png
event4.png (20.11 KiB) Viewed 7108 times
event2.png
event2.png (7.81 KiB) Viewed 7108 times
event1.png
event1.png (10.54 KiB) Viewed 7108 times
Bram
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

I made the final sensor to close the whole loop in the laundry process.
For more detail look here. : domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=17&amp ... 419#p61419
Bram

Return to “Miscellaneous Home Automation topics”