Questions home domotica.

Forum about other Home automation topics which can not be categorized in any other forum. So this needs to be Home automation Domotica related! (otherwise use Off Topic)
hjackman
Starting Member
Starting Member

Questions home domotica.

Post by hjackman »

Hey guys,

I am planning and budgeting the construction of a new house for me and my family. A colleague of mine told me about domotica and the possibilities that an intelligent home can offer to me.

Since I have no deep knowledge about domotica at all I was hoping you guys could give me an introduction to the subject. So that when I start talking to home designers about the topic domotica I can be sure they will not overcharge me or feed me with false information.

What I want for my house, in an ideal situation (I don't know if it is available yet), is the following: I would like to be able to control my house with my smartphone. So adjusting the temperature, switching on the alarm but also turning on and controlling the television. Preferably wireless through my WiFi connection. I figured there would be some kind of system available to make this happen in combination with a smartphone app.

Do you guys know if such a system is available and how it works? Also could you give me an indication of the total costs involved in implementing domotica into my home?

Any links are highly appreciated because I want to become as educated as possible on the subject.

Kind regards and thanks in advance,

Hugo.
AshaiRey

Re: Questions home domotica.

Post by AshaiRey »

Hi Hugo, welcome.

You could have looked around a bit and read several threads before posting
Here's my advice http://www.domoticaforum.eu/viewforum.php?f=37
Bram
hjackman
Starting Member
Starting Member