Modern ways to receive event alerts on mobile devices

Forum about other Home automation topics which can not be categorized in any other forum. So this needs to be Home automation Domotica related! (otherwise use Off Topic)
mrqnapper

Modern ways to receive event alerts on mobile devices

Post by mrqnapper »

Hi,

I have been looking into the best way of receiving alerts on an mobile device (iPhone) when an certain event happens. There are many (mainly older) topics on the board which are all interesting and even partly usable.
Main use will be that when an device is triggered a picture will be taken and an alert will be send to the mobile device instantly. Although I have parts already working, per example: doorbell push-button triggered, an sms alert will be sent and an image is taken and saved in Homeseer and I think combining it with a part of this script domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=14& ... ure#p47065 I even can mail the picture and have it on the phone as well? Right?

Also had a look at this topic: domoticaforum.eu/viewtopic.php?f=26& ... hot#p40482 and many others. All very interesting but some of them seems to be a bit old fashioned, since I believe the possibilities internet, and mobile have grown rapidly?
Would it be possible have the image shown up in the HSTOUCH app? (I use it out of the box, maybe an image can be add to it?) Or can it be send through whatsapp, or MMS ? Or are there other better ways of doing this?
Since I do not like to receive mail on the mobile device (get to many), any other kind of alert would be better.

Any thoughts on this?

Wiechert
123unlock

Re: Modern ways to receive event alerts on mobile devices

Post by 123unlock »

checkout for an app called PushOver, it has a nice API and supports clickable html links in your msg
this way you can just store your captured image on your server, and publish it to your phone

https://pushover.net/api
Xtrusion Digital Home Automation Project
mrqnapper

Post by mrqnapper »

Thanks for the advise, will have a look at it and see if I can use it with iOS as well.
123unlock wrote:checkout for an app called PushOver, it has a nice API and supports clickable html links in your msg
this way you can just store your captured image on your server, and publish it to your phone

https://pushover.net/api
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

PushOver is available for Android and Iphone, and thats why i`m using it for my own domotica system. There are plugins for HS2/HS3 and Domotiga as far is i know. Maybe others to !
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Miscellaneous Home Automation topics”