Doorbel IP cam

Forum All about Webcams, IP Camera's & Camera's (hardware, software, pan tilt zoom etc).

Moderator: Esteban

vincenttor

Doorbel IP cam

Post by vincenttor »

Well i was looking for fun to make a ipdoorbel cam myself.
using homeseer and maybe skype for connection and a event to setup a voip call.
But then i was looking at ready solutions.

Most i found do not allow to tap into the stream but suddenly i found this doorbell :

aliexpress.com/item/2015-New-Doorcam-C9 ... 2C201409_1

only thing is that i want to know for sure what IP grade they give this, since it comes to hang at most people there homes at the front door in the rain...
Will keep you guys updated but this looks for me promising since it supports ONVIF / rstp and more protocols

And this is another model i have found :

aliexpress.com/item/Home-Security-Door- ... 6,201409_1
and here a little bit cheaper again:
aliexpress.com/item/Home-Security-Door- ... 6,201409_1

Also a video of the image from the used camera chip inside the unit that isnt even that bad if you ask me for a doorbell cam :)

same question asked about ip grade
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: Doorbel IP cam

Post by Phaeton »

First one looks nice. I have a skybell now, but cannot tap into the streaming. Not much of a problem. What I do find a problem is the quality of connection and videostream. Terrible. One disadvantage for the first model is the viewing angle. I'd like it to be wider. Skybels angle is better, but still people manage to stand in places I cannot see them.

What i m curious about is if these bells use a cloud service to connect or connect directly. Since they are not made by a brand I know or that's there for years theres not much certainty if they need a cloud service for connection.

But the prices are good!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M6752 met Tapatalk
groeten,
Harry
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

I am not sure how it works with the communication part if that runs by a cloud service.
I did got an answer that the bell , at least the last model is waterproof.

Thats a good question indeed if this would be still stay working when the company goes broke or vanishes in to thin air like most of them :roll:
Will ask them this question also and report back if i get a satisfying answer.

EDIT: when i look closely i think bell number 2 looks fully cloud material.

But when i look at number 1 it seems more the right choice since it also says : Built in free DDNS
so who knows for what other reason would you want to know your or the ip address to connect to.
Still asked the question to that seller to see whats the deal with that, otherwise that could be a "winner"

And how terrible is the streaming ? choppy audio and suchs and blurry screens or something ?
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

And there is the reply for the last doorbell.
not very satisfying if you ask me:

Code: Select all

Dear vincent:

The doorbell uses the p2p cloud technology because most of the application scene is used remote, so it needs one channel to transfer the video and audio via internet server.

But it should work if your app is the same intranet network with the doorbell. Don't worry about the cloud platform, our platform won't close.

If still any problem, feel free to let us know!

Best Regards
Eric 
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Well , here is the last answer from the first bell.
not what i was hoping for about the not waterproof part.
Nick Hong
2015-09-05 08:04

Support 2 way audio and auto recording

Nick Hong
2015-09-05 08:04

It should has network, you can visit it on DDNS address via ie.

Nick Hong
2015-09-05 08:02

Support onvif

Nick Hong
2015-09-05 08:02

It couldn't support waterproof

Nick Hong
2015-09-05 08:01

Sorry, we are in holiday now.
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Phaeton »

Thats a shame. But seeing so much door bell devices popping up the last couple of months. I'm sure that a waterproof one will become available soon

Verstuurd vanaf mijn M6752 met Tapatalk
groeten,
Harry
kriz83

Post by kriz83 »

I stopped waiting for a good doorbell cam and placed a Hikvision dome camera at the door.
Using line crossing detection, I get a pushbullet notification (with camera snapshot) even before the doorbell has been pushed.
HomeSeer - PlugWise - RFXComm - Philips Pronto TSU9800/9600/9300
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Well i have a cam at the door here, but what i liked is the plug and play 2 way communication part.
I have been thinking about it to do this with a voip client suchs as maybe if it can be done skype.
So write a script that when the doorbell button is pushed , skype gets the order to call your skype on your cellphone and if picked up you can talk with this person.
But skype mainly works with webcam's or a virtual cam and not with IP camera's as far as i have tested.
Otherwise i'd have to open blueiris (cctv app) to have a look who's there and in the meanwhile be able to talk with the person infront of the doorbell.

Since the doorbell at my parents is about 50 meters or so away from the house at the front gate/bridge the usb cam won't be a great solution, and probably using a wire for the audio/mic at this lenght will give problems to ?

Return to “Webcams & Camera Stuff Forum”