Sony D100 camera

Forum All about Webcams, IP Camera's & Camera's (hardware, software, pan tilt zoom etc).

Moderator: Esteban

ChriX
Starting Member
Starting Member

Sony D100 camera

Post by ChriX »

After seeing the D100 in action on your site I decided to get one. It has arrived but i'm having trouble with it.

Just testing it with the IR remote so far, it will only respond to the power button on the remote, and after 10s or so the power light will go out, and both the power and the standby light will flash together. Nowhere online can I find out what this means.

I was wondering if anyone had experienced the same problem and managed to sort it out?

Any ideas appreciated![:)]
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Sony D100 camera

Post by Bwired »

Hi Chrix,
This means that the camera get's in to a error mode!
Normally when you remove the power for a minute and then put the camera comes back on the problem is resolved. Normally the camera pans an tilt around for a few seconds before coming in a home position.
If the camera keep getting in the flashing leds mode then you have a defect camera. I have one here myself which does the same!
Advice is to return it to the seller. Is it a used camera?
Regards Pieter
ChriX
Starting Member
Starting Member

Sony D100 camera

Post by ChriX »

Hi, thanks for the reply.

It was not doing the pan and tilt around when it was turned on, it turned out that it had been crushed in the post, so the pan mechanism was too tight! I opened it up and straightened things out/freed it up and it now works fine.

Now... to write a web interface for it. :)

Return to “Webcams & Camera Stuff Forum”