Sony SNC-M3W but .. Mac user ..

Forum All about Webcams, IP Camera's & Camera's (hardware, software, pan tilt zoom etc).

Moderator: Esteban

mric
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mric »

Hello,

i bought a Sony SNC-M3W, but i'm a mac user and this cam want i had Active X ,but on Mac we can't have it ..
So i've to boot on Windows to see my cam [:(!]

I saw that on Bwired website, you have script webpage with a Sony cam, maybe script was the same for my SNC-M3W cam ?
Sony don't response me [V], maybe you can help me ? [:D]
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Hi,
What do you exactly mean with a script?
The cam you have has a built in web server, do I think you can access the camera and the video stream with a Internet browser. If you can, you can rip the web page and see how the code is made up and implement it in you own page. As for the Sony EVI-D100 And EVI-D31 camera's I have running, those are not IP Camera's and the stream of those camera's are served by a AXIS 241Q video server. The software I wrote for those cams only run on the Visca protocol of Sony.
Pieter
mric
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mric »

Ok, I understand now .. Yes, it had a built in web server, but I can't saw it because it based on active x web page, not compatible on Mac ..
I can't pilot my cam too (web camera control is based on active x protocol too ..), i have to buy a Mac Software to pilot it, but this soft always bugging .. Thanks for fast reply ,and many felicitation for our website ! ;)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Hi Mric,
Normally you can setup the camera from within the web browser. With most camera's you can choose for Active x or for jpeg java scripting. If this is possible choose for the last option and the web page is then generated with a java script. Again I don't know the Sony SNC-M3W camera that well, but check you complete setup possibilities.
Thanks for the complement:-)
Regards Pieter

Pieter Knuvers
www.bwired.nl Online House in the netherlands. Domotica, Home Automation.
mric
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by mric »

Ok I'll read it again, maybe i've not see this things !

Return to “Webcams & Camera Stuff Forum”