Mobotix M10 blurry night image

Forum All about Webcams, IP Camera's & Camera's (hardware, software, pan tilt zoom etc).

Moderator: Esteban

spattex
Starting Member
Starting Member

Mobotix M10 blurry night image

Post by spattex »

Bwired wrote:Bwired Mobotix MD10 at night.
[/img]
bwired.jpg
i own a Mobotix M10 devkit with one color en b/w sensor.
The picture from your Mobotix is it taken at night? or do you have a ir illuminator?

If a person walks by, do you have a good picture or is it blurry?
I have problems with the exposer time, with 1/30 or above it works good for moving objects, below this i get a blurry picture.

Regards John
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Repository - Sample Images of Cameras

Post by Bwired »

No IR
I have the same here
fast moving people are bluring at night with lower exposere
the need to move slowly.
spattex
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Repository - Sample Images of Cameras

Post by spattex »

Thanks for your answer.

I will experiment with a IR illuminator, i want a picture with a person to see, not a blurry one.

Regards John
Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Mobotix M10 exposure question

Post by Esteban »

The 'clearer' you want your video the farther below 1/25th of a second you need to go. (= 1/30, 1/48, 1/60 etc).

The slower the exposure (=the longer the camera takes to capture one frame of video), the more motion-blur you will see. This is because when the camera starts capturing the image the person is in one spot, and by the time the camera finishes the capture of that same image, the person is already slightly in a different spot. (e.g. when walking) The longer the exposure the further the person will be from the original spot he was in when the capture of the frame started = more fuzzy.

The faster your exposure the more light you'll need to get a proper exposure of the image (= where you can see everything you need). Unless you have some lights you can turn on or install, IR is probably the easiest solution, with proper placement.
spattex
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: Mobotix M10 blurry night image

Post by spattex »

I understand, but with a Mobotix and it's costs a have a great picture ad night with no movement and a default exposure time 1/5.

But if i want to use the Mobotix for security at night i need a minimum of 1/30 to get a picture with a person to recognize, but the picture is getting to dark so i must use a light to enhance.
I have some analog camera's with less light and a good picture, but the resolution is terrible.

I want a picture that you can watch on youtube (search for mobotix, inbraak staphorst) i think it's ir illimunated.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

I think that is not a M10 and there is bright lighting
Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Esteban »

spattex wrote:i think it's ir illimunated.
Correct, you can clearly see that these images weren't taken in total darkness and there are lightsources present (IR or not IR). (lots of reflections from the lightsources can be seen and I think I even saw two halogens (maybe bouwlampen))

Return to “Webcams & Camera Stuff Forum”