Watchbot - Was sold by groupon - AKA Foscam

Forum All about Webcams, IP Camera's & Camera's (hardware, software, pan tilt zoom etc).

Moderator: Esteban

AshaiRey

Re: Watchbot - Was sold by groupon - AKA Foscam

Post by AshaiRey »

Finaly i got mine cam too... at last.
I had to nag, beg and treat with numourous emails before that dumbass customer service would do something.
Never, never ever i will do business with them again.
Bram
bacott
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by bacott »

I wanted to thank you for this information. I approved Watchbot for this and they quickly replied that they did not support 3rd party applications and programs. With this I have got things up and runningthe way I want them.
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

[urlhttps://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-yhhBvC0DSlNWExZDU0NTQtMDlmZi00YzkzLWFkNDAtMGU4MTA1MDg2YjMz/edit?pli=1&hl=en#][/url]

i thnik this is the complete sdk for the foscam, apexis and watchbot cameras
labium
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by labium »

docs.google.com/file/d/0B-yhhBvC0DSlNWE ... amp;hl=en#

i think this is the complete sdk for the foscam, apexis and watchbot cameras
Grrrrrene
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Grrrrrene »

I just bought myself an Apexis J011 camera, which is (nearly?) identical to the Watchbot you are talking about. Nice little camera with PTZ, but the IR-leds are a pain in the ass because they blind the camera when I point it outside to watch my front door. On the Apexis-US forum the forum mods keep pointing towards their "sales guy" who can fix that problem with custom software, but the reply I got via e-mail was "Sorry, you can only disconnect the wires by opening up the cam and voiding warranty". I don't want to permanently disconnect them and the strange thing is: with iSpyConnect I can give the command "disable IR leds" and I hear a noticable "click" coming from the device. There seems to be a relay somewhere that responds to this command, yet the IR leds are not connected to it.

Has anybody got the IR leds to swtich off?
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

Some masking tape like duct tape mwill do the trick
Bram
Grrrrrene
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Grrrrrene »

Maybe I was a bit unclear. Of course the solution with duct tape came to mind, but that is what I consider semi-permanent. I noticed the "click" when the "IR Off" command is given, though nothing happens. That suggests to me that an unused relay switch is present, so maybe some soldering could fix the situation that IR is not switchable. There is also an IR-cutoff version of this camera. Maybe the relay switch is meant for that function and is simply unused in this version?

Return to “Webcams & Camera Stuff Forum”