Looking for IP-based video intercom system

Forum All about Webcams, IP Camera's & Camera's (hardware, software, pan tilt zoom etc).

Moderator: Esteban

abl

Re: Looking for IP-based video intercom system

Post by abl »

I bought an Aiphone ISIPDVF device. I really liked the design, but still have to install the device...
Meinaart
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Meinaart »

abl wrote:I bought an Aiphone ISIPDVF device. I really liked the design, but still have to install the device...
Looks very nice indeed. Unfortunately I just bought the Siemens HC540. How much is the Aiphone IS-IPDVF and where can you buy it?

There is not a lot of information available on the Aiphone IS-IPDVF, even the official spec sheet does not say anything about the camera's resolution or what kind of streams are available (still JPG? MJPG? H264? all of the above? which protocol?).
abl

Post by abl »

I bought the device in the US (much cheaper than with European resellers) and it really has a high quality look and feel. The device itself was not that over-expensive (I think Euro 600), but the 'problem' that I came across is that you also need specific software to address the device and that costs a rather ridicolous Euro 600. I've been in contact with Aiphone but no lite solution yet...
Post-IT

Post by Post-IT »

With that system you would have to replace your cable with UTP Cat6 though... and get a PoE switch or injector if you don't have such.
Meinaart
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Meinaart »

I think €600 is too close to the Mobotix T24 price (which is around €850 - €900 depending on configuration). I think I would prefer the Mobotix over the Aiphone because of Mobotix' better documentation, software, webcam quality and reputation ;).

Return to “Webcams & Camera Stuff Forum”