Does anybody know Dahua camera's?

Forum All about Webcams, IP Camera's & Camera's (hardware, software, pan tilt zoom etc).

Moderator: Esteban

olof

Does anybody know Dahua camera's?

Post by olof »

Does anybody have any experience with the Dahua 2100N IP-camera?

Recently, I came across positive reviews of Dahua camera's, a brand I have never heard of. But since the positive reviews came from Buellwinkle, a source that I trust, I was intrigued. See, for example,
networkcamerareviews.com/forums/about67 ... t6749.html
http://www.networkcameracritic.com/?p=882

There are not (yet?) many shops in the Netherlands selling these Dahua type (IPC-HFW2100N) but the price here seems to be around EUR 270. That said, I see that in the US you can get them for around USD 190,- (around EUR 145). Big difference!

For a while now I have been looking for a decent outdoor-rated IP-camera which is good enough to:
- capture motion without blurring, also in low light situations
- recognize faces from a distance of 10 meters or so.
- and also be able to do this at night, through IR-illumination or otherwise aided by garden/porch lights.
- bullet form
- powered through POE
- outdoor rated (IP66 or so)
- without breaking my budget....

I like the Mobotix M12 but they are out of my budget range (EUR 1100,- or so). Better priced is the ACTi TCM-1231 but still starts at EUR 600,- per piece. Since I need 3 camera's to cover my property, that is still to much money.

Cheers,
Olof
Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Does anybody know Dahua camera's?

Post by Esteban »

Hi Olof,

I'm not familiar with this camera, but regarding the price in the US, be aware that with shipping + import duty the price still goes up considerably. (On the import tax form, Indicating clearly that the camera does not record anything, might soften the amount of import tax slightly)

Good luck
olof

Re: Does anybody know Dahua camera's?

Post by olof »

Hi Esteban,

Thanks for the advice, definitely a risk when buying gadgets in the States.

I'm going to the security trade show in Essen next week for business. Dahua appears to have a booth there. If I have time, I will stop by and check it out first.

Thanks again
Olof

Return to “Webcams & Camera Stuff Forum”