switching all power sockets and lights

Forum about Domotica, home automation and saving energy.
Phaeton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Re: switching all power sockets and lights

Post by Phaeton »

I like these topics! Nice work
groeten,
Harry
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Did not knew it was not allowed gertk,
Since some members liked to see it I post some pics and hope for comments /tips if someone has a better idea. Everything is welcome.
And thanks Harry.
Akatar

Post by Akatar »

i think it is allowed :)

so keep the pics coming
Harry

Post by Harry »

great project. look forward to see the end result :)
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Why are using loose cables without pipes to mount it in against the seeling. Is it not mandatory according NEN1010 ?
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

The cove i am going to place these in Image

And the cables are allowed to place in the wall without tubes by Nen1010 somewhere since 2004 i have been told and see some topics on the internet about it also.
Asked it today at the job i am working now and there are 2 electricians working that told me what to do and what not.
If this topic is on the wrong place then please move it, and topics like these are the ones that give me good ideas normally from other people. :wink:
GertK

Post by GertK »

@vincentor,
I did not mean that it is not allowed. Sorry if you could interpret my post like that. Humor in written form is tricky, especially if one does not use his mother language. Have fun in your new house.

Gert
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Please Invite us for the "House Warming Party" :D and keep the posts coming :twisted:
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
wwolkers

Post by wwolkers »

Interesting topic, please do continue posting pictures!
Fantic

Post by Fantic »

For the rotational Laser: rent it for a day or more, around 50 euro's a day is well worth the money. Been there done that.
Regards, Maarten.
Never let a computer know you're in a hurry.
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

GertK wrote:@vincentor,
I did not mean that it is not allowed. Sorry if you could interpret my post like that. Humor in written form is tricky, especially if one does not use his mother language. Have fun in your new house.

Gert
It is indeed rather difficult on a forum to pick it up the right way :roll: and thanks.

@ raymondvdm, who knows i will throw one ;)
But if your interested youre welcome to come and see some day :)
@ Fantic,
Thanks for the tip, a friend of mine said he knows someone that probably has one and otherwise i think i will buy one.
Who knows i can use it at work some day.

I hope it all goes ok with the job saturday and i can work a bit further on my home.
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Is there anyone that knows if a shielded cable is going to cause for problems with door magnet switches and PIR sensors ?
I have a 6 wire cable here that is shielded and it says "Alarm kabel".
But when i was installing DS1820 temp sensors i read that with 1-wire systems you can not use shielded wires because of the induction it can cause false readings if i am not mistaking.

Hence i ask if someone knows before i lay 500m of cable and it does not work like it should :roll: .
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Got some time saturday afternoon and picked up some materials after work.
Just got home so it has been a busy week after so many hours of paid work but it was worth it.

I do need more wires because 3x 1.5mm2 and 3x 2.5 mm2 wire is gone
same as some cat5e wire, there is about 800 meter of cable placed at this moment for the living room.
Made a small checklist but it is not finished yet, also wrote a few by hand at the list that i need to update on the computer also.

So as you can see the list is getting bigger and bigger and i must even rewire the garage downstairs and upstairs.
For the LED strip and spots you can say, isn't 0.8mm2 to thin ? well no, i just take a few pairs to compensate for it since i have no other cable at this moment.

Some of the wire holders i picked up

Mounted them on the roof

I also made a camera holder that i can place on my tripod so the turning point and the lens are on the same spot and you can make 360 degree pictures , i do need to make pics at day time with another lens zo the quality is better and you can move up and down.
For the interested people, here on this link you can view the image and scroll arround in the room.
photosynth.net/preview/view/bdeb334f-c4 ... ?startat=0
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

What kind of PIR / Contact will you be using?

I used CAT5E cable to connect my in house speakers to an XAP400 and it is working fine. So maybe you don`t need signal kabel for the pir/contacts ?
vincenttor

Post by vincenttor »

Well Raymond, there are some PIR detectors still left from there old alarm system that i am going to use.
Reason i asked about the wire type is because with 1-wire you can't use a shielded cable since it gives false and strange readings then.
At my parents home i have used about 500m of shielded cable, not sure what kind it is but the PIR here are behaving strange from time to time and not sure if this is being caused by the sort cable or because its a "simple" arduino PIR.

For the small speakers i was planning to use a 2 x 0.75 speaker wire since there small speakers for the XAP800 units.
(bought a set of 3 btw , if someone is interested in 1, they did not arrived yet btw)
But for the surround speakers in the living and bedroom i am going to use 2x 2.5 mm2 OFC cable since the distance is a bit bigger.

Return to “Energycontrol & Home Automation Forum”