Wattson Energymeter

Forum about Domotica, home automation and saving energy.
petermdevries

Wattson Energymeter

Post by petermdevries »

I just got a mailing from 1dayfly.nl in which they are announcing that they will be offering the Wattson electriciy usage meter soon.

After searching in Google I came across the site http://www.electricity-monitor.com/wire ... -c-37.html where, among the Watsson, multiple electricity monitoring tools are offered.

Does anyone have experience with one or more of these tools?

Regards,

Peter
jruys
Starting Member
Starting Member

Wattson Energymeter

Post by jruys »

Ik heb de Efergy die ook op die site staat. Het doet wat het belooft: je ziet op een kleine draadloze ontvanger wat je verbruik is van de laatste paar dagen, weken en maanden. Vooral het "idle" verbruik van mijn huis is/was nogal een schok (begon met 950 en is nu terug naar 650 watt).

Installatie is niet voor de ongeinitieerden omdat je je stoppenkast moet openmaken en de sensor om de fasedraad moet klikken. Je zit dan voor de aardlekschakelaar te knutselen, dus dit is de snelste manier om zelfmoord te plegen als je niet weet wat je doet.

Leuk device, maar haalt het niet bij wat je met RFXcom en Homeseer kunt loggen.

/JW
Edwin2008
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Wattson Energymeter

Post by Edwin2008 »

But a combination is nice. RFXcom for data logging and this device for awareness of power consumption.
mo046

Wattson Energymeter

Post by mo046 »

I'm having both an Owl (a.k.a. Cent-a-meter) and an RFXPower.

I had the Owl first, and had an idle consumption of approx. 500 to 550 W. Now I also have an RFXPower, and I found out the actual idle consumption is approx. 300 W. It appears that the Owl has some problems measuring low currents. Furthermore, the Owl doesn't take into account the varying voltage (somehere between 222 and 236 Volt, depending on the time of day). It uses a fixed voltage (can be set to 220, 230 or 240 V).

Now, I have them running in parallel with both monitored in Homeseer for comparison. Good thing of the Owl is the instant reading of the comsumption (6 seconds interval), bad thing is that you loose info if Homeseer is not running. RFXPower has an internal counter that is transmitted and displayed in HS as total power consumption, so you can't see the actual power consumption.
Currently I'm beta testing an update of RFXCharts to overcome some cons of both systems: instant power consumption with RFXPower and voltage correction of the Owl reading (using UPS input voltage), which both seem to work fairly OK.

As Edwin wrote in the previous post, it is nice to have accurate consumption measured in HS with the RFXPower, and have the Owl's display in the living room for energy consumption awareness.

** Maurice **
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Wattson Energymeter

Post by Alexander »

I thought Pieter did spoke he has this device and would sell it for 50 euro. Can't find his post anymore ?

I'm interested Pieter ;-)
Alexander
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Wattson Energymeter

Post by Alexander »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by mgizmo</i>
<br />I thought Pieter did spoke he has this device and would sell it for 50 euro. Can't find his post anymore ?

I'm interested Pieter ;-)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

never mind, found it.

Return to “Energycontrol & Home Automation Forum”