Controlling my Bosch central heating boiler

Forum about Domotica, home automation and saving energy.
petermdevries

Post by petermdevries »

I already posted this topic a few days ago, but forgot to do it in English, so it got removed. Therefore a retry.

I started a little project to control my Bosch central heating boiler from Homeseer using my RFXIO. I have a Bosch HRC-35 Top, which has a built-in controller (called Heatronic) which I use to heat my house based on the outside temperature (weersafhankelijke regeling in dutch). The controller itself can be programmed using a week program.

This works fine, but when I am not at home at a certain day, I have to go upstairs to change this on the boiler itself, which is not pratical. So I would like to control the central heating from my domotica system (HomeSeer).

The boiler itself has no simple input line (except for a on/off or OpenTherm thermostat). But I found that Bosch has a remote control for this boiler, the Bosch TW2.

This remote control has a wheel to manually change the program of the Heatronic: night program, day program, automatic program or frost protection. My idea is to replace this wheel, and replace it by a few relays such that I am able to control it using my RFXIO. The nice thing is that the actually controlling still takes place within the boiler, and that I am only changing the program.

The wheel is actually a switch with 1 input and 4 output. Depending on the state of the switch, the input is connected to 1 of the outputs. My plan is to use 2 or 3 relays to simulate this switch, controlled by 2 output ports of my RFXIO.

But as I'm not really an expert in electronics, I am wondering whether there are "better" solutions than using the relays which I've in mind. Maybe there exists a nice standard component to achieve this. Suggestions are welcome.
Bastiaan

Post by Bastiaan »

Pieter I have the same setup but had no time to digg into the signals coming from the TW2. we might be able to bypass the device completely. Will try to check it this week.

Return to “Energycontrol & Home Automation Forum”