EnyMate collect electricity, gas and water usage

Forum about Domotica, home automation and saving energy.
Henk

Post by Henk »

I'm testing the Enymate product too .. .together with other similar products like www.wattcher.nl en www.zienu.nl .

Indeed in all those products the RF communication is not based on a standard although the Enymate is using bluetooth. An open standard interface based on Z-wave would be nice and may be under consideration

If you want to analyse your energy data you have to upload your history date to the Enymate website. It is not automated and manually activated .... at this moment no way to analyse your data on your own PC.
Also the way they do the analysis is not yet sophisticated but this will improve.

Will keep you informed,

Henk
Henk

Post by Henk »

RE: Mindbinder,

What is a ferraris wheel meter ...... ?

Henk
mhn

Post by mhn »

NorthQ showed us an Z-Wave meter reader, at our last zwaves.dk meeting.

It should be on the market soon.

But it is not on there web page yet. http://www.northq.com/
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

Marcootje
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Marcootje »

Measuring elektra is done via the rotating wheel; the black area on the wheel is the trigger point, so to say, for the sensor. At first I had not set the correct c-value in the application on my laptop which is mentioned on the meter. After that the values became closer to the real values when I compared these with the Plugwise values. I will keep on monitoring, of course that's why I bought it, the system and I will keep Enymate and this post updated with my findings.

Enymate has already made it possible to export the values to a csv file. So it's possible to have the values offline. It should be maybe possible to have the values online in for example HomeSeer, but you have to be always connected via bluetooth to the device.
Henk

Post by Henk »

So just another name of a "draaischijf meter"

Additional information:

The problem of making a good sensor is to handle at least several hundreds of different installed electricity / gas meters.

I got a strange experiences - my enymate electricty reading were jumping van 610 to 820 watt at a very regular interval ...so i observe the disk carefully and discovered a second dark spot on the surface of the disk .... so the sensor was picking up that spot as a marker .... and this second spot was not placed 180degree from the edge spot ...causing the different values. Shifting the sensor 0,1mm down was solving this problem also i could had change the sensitivity of the sensor.

This type of sensor will also handle the counter register of a gasmeter even if there is not a reflecting digit. (mostly the zero or the six)

It is even possible to detect the direction of the rotary disc .. handy in case your house will deliver energy back to the powernet

In case of a watermeter the sensor should be placed so it will see the tip of the rotating pointer (mostly red) .Some watermeter don't have this kind of rotating pointer only a counter register. Solution may be to put the sensor in gasmeter mode and placing it on top of the counter register. Need some testing.

Henk
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

I checked the product out but I see No more benefits over RFXCOM. You need an extra receiver/driver and the there is nothing known about the protocol yet. Also combined receiving like RFXCOM can is not possible, so only extra hardware!
If you are only going the use this product and no other Domotica it could be an option otherwise I would stick to RFXcom for sure.

Pieter Knuvers http://www.bwired.nl
Online House in the netherlands. Domotica, Home Automation.
Digit
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Digit »

Same here. I didn't see anything like new features, enhancements or anything else i don't already have. RFXCOM has proven its reliability over the years and is still my first choice for this.

<hr noshade size="1"><font size="1">Robert
http://www.hekkers.net <i>Digit's Online Home.</i></font id="size1">
Darwusch

Post by Darwusch »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bwired</i>
<br />That is strange, because you don't have the plugwise circles everywhere!
In my situation the total of plugwise is always less.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Unless ofcourse when some plugwise plugs are connected in serial. Then some of the usage is measured double. In my case there is a plug for an extension cord with more sockets at the end, and one of the these sockets has also a plug.
Henk

Post by Henk »

Indeed the enymate hardware is doing a similar job as the RFXcom and if you have already the rfxcom structure it doesnt make sense of getting Enymate.
Although the Enymate hardware is doing some extra data signal processing, like sampling and treating this data with a specific algorithme. It is intended to be installed by an average consumer and important it has to deal with hundreds of different meters installed in the field. Each meter has a different behaviour of reflecting or the meter has only a counter and no reflection area at all. Also the Enymate can detect the direction of the rotary disc in case energy will be delivered back.
The enymate hardware has two parameters what can be adjusted as sensitive and contrast. In most cases the factory setting will be ok and no adjustment is required.

Henk
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Re: EnyMate collect electricity, gas and water usage

Post by Bwired »

Enymate has opened up there protocol
http://www.enymate.nl/nieuws/slimme_ene ... _protocol_
Not sure if its really open or just an API to the Enymate software like Plugwise does.
But its good to read that Enymate is doing this :) unlike other vendors who only try to close thing up!

protocol
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6162073/website ... otocol.pdf
Esteban
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Esteban »

I've had a quick look and it looks (i just woke up..) like it' s really open and allows direct access. Thumbs up to EnyMate for doing this.
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Bwired »

Agree fully, this is what we need more!
Klaassie
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by Klaassie »

Does anyone know which sensors are used?
Is it the CNY70 or comparable? I'm also curious how the "stronger" watersensor differs from the "normal" sensor.
RDNZL
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by RDNZL »

I wanted to build support for it into my DomotiGa software, but the offered price for a demo/review unit was to steep to make this attractive for me.
Regards, Ron.

Return to “Energycontrol & Home Automation Forum”