EnyMate collect electricity, gas and water usage

Forum about Domotica, home automation and saving energy.
Stefan Mensink
Starting Member
Starting Member

Re: EnyMate collect electricity, gas and water usage

Post by Stefan Mensink »

This looks very promising. Even the price is pretty reasonable considering what you get. The protocol being open source is a definite pro! I guess I'll have to check out their protocol description one of these days, and if it's any good I'll probably order a set.
yoyo
Starting Member
Starting Member

EnyMate interfacing

Post by yoyo »

Let's see if we can keep this interesting thread alive.

I bought an enymate and the things that bugs me a little is the data conversion.
For making the collected data accessible and readable I have to login on the enymate website and upload the file in order to convert and download it back to my computer. I don't like that and it's a lot of work.
I have studied the files but they don't make much sense to me. I would like to write a (java) program that converts them and load the data in an sql-database. (the programming is not the problem, just the storageformat)
1 - Has anyone analysed these datafiles and made an description of the datastorage format?

My second question is about the interface to the enymate-box. There is a good description of the interface.
@stefan : here is a link : http://db.tt/OOoAeS so you can study it ;)

Most of my programming activitys are with java on a linux desktop but I never made a serial connection over Bluetooth in java.
I found this enymate jar but again there is no description or programming example : http://db.tt/m1UYQw

2 - Has someone already made a connection with java to the enymate-box ? No problem if it's in windows, I'll try to make it running under linux.
(also tips on making the connection to the BT serialport are welcome)
pietervanharen
Starting Member
Starting Member

Post by pietervanharen »

I've bought three sensors from EnyMate, two for electricity and gas and a more powerfull one for water. I'm aiming to use the sensors in combination with an Arduino microcontroller for more control on the data. The EnyMate system uses bluetooth to communicate and needs an computer to upload data to a database. With an Arduino and Ethernet Shield to can upload the data directly to http://www.pachube.com for instance, without the need of an computer.

So far I've discovered no difference between the two normal sensors and the powerfull one except the color of the actual sensors. The normal one has a bright part and a red part and the powerfull one has two red parts. The normal ones also have the text "RD1113" printed on the actual sensor.

I plan to build a protoshield with three RJ11 connectors on it so I won't have to damage the sensors. But first I have to figure out how to communicate with the sensors. Any help is greatly appreciated :-)
running Domoticz
PietjeNL

Post by PietjeNL »

Anyone knows this: http://www.flukso.net/about??
drmacchi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by drmacchi »

Flukso has a good price . interesting.
Mdamen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Mdamen »

pietervanharen wrote:I've bought three sensors from EnyMate, two for electricity and gas and a more powerfull one for water. I'm aiming to use the sensors in combination with an Arduino microcontroller for more control on the data. The EnyMate system uses bluetooth to communicate and needs an computer to upload data to a database. With an Arduino and Ethernet Shield to can upload the data directly to http://www.pachube.com for instance, without the need of an computer.

So far I've discovered no difference between the two normal sensors and the powerfull one except the color of the actual sensors. The normal one has a bright part and a red part and the powerfull one has two red parts. The normal ones also have the text "RD1113" printed on the actual sensor.

I plan to build a protoshield with three RJ11 connectors on it so I won't have to damage the sensors. But first I have to figure out how to communicate with the sensors. Any help is greatly appreciated :-)
I was looking into the same thing, didn't order any sensors yet though.. maybe we should join forces :-)
How many wires are used on the sensor cable?
Mdamen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Mdamen »

I tried to reverse engineer the pins. Have not succeeded so far.
The red wire is +/VCC and green is -/GND that's what I figured out sofar.
Some questions for enymate owners:

- Does the red LED underneath the sensor (near the opto reflector) change in brightness when you adjust values in the software?
- Does the red LED in the housing flash when you flash a white paper or black paper? (or a reflective surface?)
- If you have a multimeter handy, can you measure the voltage over the red and green wire?

Thanks!

Return to “Energycontrol & Home Automation Forum”