more tools on the market

Forum about Domotica, home automation and saving energy.
Henk

more tools on the market

Post by Henk »

Have a look at Conrad or check order number 125310 it looks like we can expect an explosion of energy monitoring systems .....
It has a USB inteface to process the data but it is also time to hack (Bert ?) this RF protocol and integrate it within your own domotica system without the USB interface ?

I'm also interesting in your feedback - will become this kind of on-line sensor equipment popular - how will you use such a monitoring system and what will be possible to control your energy bill .....
I think to total electricity consumption by reading the central meter is more usefull ... and using one or two mobile sensors to get an idea of the individual usage ... often you cann't change too much .... the laundry should be done anyway .... Also with 10 of those devices online each at least 1W ..... the basic law will aplly measuring and controlling cost energy ......

Henk

link:
http://www1.nl2.conrad.com/scripts/wgat ... MzNTUwMDY=
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

more tools on the market

Post by Snelvuur »

Links dont work that well with conrad. I think it might be wise for bert to also put some tips which mhz a device needs to be to be even be possibel to work with rfxcom. Besides that i think online monitoring will be nice to have in the future, it will keep you more in control of your bill (or makes you want to do less)

// Erik (binkey.nl)
Bwired
Administrator
Administrator

more tools on the market

Post by Bwired »

Hi Henk
The link does not work like Erik told

Check this dutch company with there energy saving products based on Zigbee MESH-netwerk
And they will come out with a full range of Zigbee products soon.
I have been talking to them recently.
http://www.plugwise.com/nl/

Pieter Knuvers
www.bwired.nl Online House in the netherlands. Domotica, Home Automation.
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

more tools on the market

Post by Snelvuur »

Henk

more tools on the market

Post by Henk »

Indeed the link does not work ...(it is very long) - Check manual conrad.nl for the product info
Conrad is offering two items one USB monitor/display with a plugin energy monitor artikel number 125310 and another one same USB monitor but with a RF device to read and monitor a classic Dutch electricity meter -article 125311-89 by infrared sensing the red stripe on the rotary disk ... so no need to build it by yourself ....

Although the USB monitor can handle and collect data from 12 device no single plugin monitor device is yet offered ......

here another try out of the link at least 300 bytes long ....

http://www1.nl2.conrad.com/scripts/wgat ... results=10
Snelvuur
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

more tools on the market

Post by Snelvuur »

Just go to the conrad site, then article number 125310 to search and your done.

// Erik (binkey.nl)

Return to “Energycontrol & Home Automation Forum”