ZMC v4 - Whole house audio for HS3

Show or discuss your existing Home automation project here, so a detailed explanation!.....
AshaiRey

Re: ZMC v4 - Whole house audio for HS3

Post by AshaiRey »

raymonvdm wrote:Is there anyone using amplifiers for output 1 - 8 which are actually line-out terminals so the should need an additional amplifier.
Sadly i don't agree with this statement.
I depend on your needs. None of the 9 locations here have amplification. Yes you need an amplifier if you want to sound at disco levels however in my opinion for normal daily use the output is loud enough. Actually if i raise the volume on the PC and in the unit to a level that it won't distort then the volume is to annoying to have a normal conversation in the livingroom. On the other side, the music that plays under my bed in the morning at 06:00 is very soft. Just to get me slowly awake and not with a bang like those buzzer clocks :D

However if you need some extra amplification then this is a cheap solution. One board can amplify 2 channels.
miniinthebox.com/nl/mini-digital-3w-3-w ... 73310.html
Bram
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

Tonight i made a effort to get ZMC to speak announcements again. The rule is speaking but the announcment sound (ns.wav) is not playing

This is the event rule i`m using.

Code: Select all

Alles;SPEAK;Let op er staat iemand aan de deur |4|ns.wav
The wave file path is c:\program files\homeseer HS3\Wave\ and the debug is enabled in the config file but i don`t see any attempts to play the wav file and no error reports about a missing file :D
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s
AshaiRey

Post by AshaiRey »

An obvious question, is ns.wav at that location?

The command use is hs.PlayWavFile(WavPath & WavFile, SPEAKERCLIENTHOST, True)

Parameter: FileName
Type: String
Description: This is the complete path to the WAV file to play.

Parameter: Host (Optional)
Type: String
Description: Leaving this a null string will apply the command to the first instance HomeSeer finds, otherwise use the hostname of the computer for this command. If more than one instance of the Speaker application is running on "host" then you may need to specify the instance as well in the format host:instance.
Default this is set at the start of the script at: SPEAKERCLIENTHOST = "Localhost:Default"

Parameter: Wait (Optional)
Type: Boolean
Description: Setting this to True will cause the command to wait until the WAV file is done playing before continuing. By default, it will not wait.
Bram
raymonvdm

Post by raymonvdm »

AshaiRey wrote:
raymonvdm wrote:Is there anyone using amplifiers for output 1 - 8 which are actually line-out terminals so the should need an additional amplifier.
Sadly i don't agree with this statement.
I depend on your needs. None of the 9 locations here have amplification. Yes you need an amplifier if you want to sound at disco levels however in my opinion for normal daily use the output is loud enough. Actually if i raise the volume on the PC and in the unit to a level that it won't distort then the volume is to annoying to have a normal conversation in the livingroom. On the other side, the music that plays under my bed in the morning at 06:00 is very soft. Just to get me slowly awake and not with a bang like those buzzer clocks :D

However if you need some extra amplification then this is a cheap solution. One board can amplify 2 channels.
miniinthebox.com/nl/mini-digital-3w-3-w ... 73310.html

After a wile i tried to use a 6 channel amplifier (Sony) to connect each output from the XAP400 to the input of the Sony and it worked. The sound quality is much better and the volume higher, so this is definitely the way to go. However the sound is mixed up. When i mute one of the channels there is stil audio but on a lower lever. It looks like the Sony is joining channels on the XAP together (ground loop / shared ground perhaps?) so i will go for the one amplifier per channel approach.

Note: Connecting speakers directly to a line-out channel can damage the device. The line-out is designed for a high impedance input on the next device. If you connect a speaker (8 ohm) to it you are actually short-circuiting the output.
Running HS3PRO on PC with Z-Wave / OpenTherm / Plugwise / RFXcom / MQTT / XAP400 / Logitech Media Server and Squeezelite on PI`s

Return to “Home Automation Projects”